Back-End Software Engineer
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The Back-End Software Engineer will help the team build massively scalable consumer systems for clean energy by helping to lead technical direction for respective engineering solutions at Hanwha Q Cells. This employment opportunity is eligible for remote work, however, Hybrid or Onsite work may be required for candidates residing within a 30-mile radius of any of our corporate offices in the following locations: San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; and Teaneck, NJ
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and quality assurance.
- Analysis of user requirements, creating technical specifications and writing and testing code.
- Maintenance of systems by monitoring and correcting software defects and completing systems risk and reliability analysis.
- Monitoring systems performance, performing maintenance and software integrations for existing systems and maintaining compliance with industry standards.
- Provide application development for the full lifecycle of software. Identify and assess new technologies prior to implementation.
- Integrate existing software products to allow incompatible platforms to work together
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- 5+ years experience designing and coding enterprise level applications.
- Strong experience developing complex enterprise applications with Type Script, C#, or equivalent languages.
- Solid understanding of Domain Driven Design, Event Driven architectures, Micro System Design and frameworks.
- Experience with REST API architecture and development.
- Strong knowledge of Git including version control, branching, merging/rebasing, and pull requests.
- Strong focus on automation including Continuous Integration / Deployment with writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience architecting solutions in GCP and/or AWS specifically using: Cloud functions, Lambda Composer, Cloud pub/sub, sns, Dataflow and Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, among other cloud specific technology stacks.
- Strong knowledge and experience in document databases and SQL databases.
- Experience using Github, Github Actions and ample experience in configuring and automating the tools.
- Demonstrated communication and team skills with shared ownership of code and other deliverables.
- Strong security practices and experience writing code that manages customer data.
- Willingness to work with and learn new technologies, with a dedication to continuing education and advancement of technical knowledge.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- Knowledge of application development, GraphQl, Angular, real-time data processing.
- Understanding of BFF (Backend-for-Frontend) patterns.
- Experience with development of self-healing, reliable and reactive systems.
- Experience with Jest, Postman
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.