Senior Project Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Sr. Project Engineer (Solar) will be responsible for the technical, design, and engineering of commercial PV Systems (Rooftop, Ground Mount, Carport) and Battery Energy Storage Systems in the pre-sales design, development, construction and operation phases. Working in close collaboration with the Sales, Construction, Planning and Finance teams. Responsibilities include commercial, energy storage, electrical and structural design review, scope of work and Requests for Proposal for engineering services, field quality control and performance testing plans. The Sr. Project Engineer must have the ability to interpret city and state building and NEC codes, as well as utility requirements to ensure the project continues smoothly. The Sr. Project Engineer plans, schedules, predicts, and manages all the technical tasks of their assigned project to assure accuracy, proper resources, and quality from start to finish.
This position reports to the Head of Engineering. This position is located in Manhattan, New York, and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance of this location.
Compensation: $125,000-163,000 base (based on experience) + bonus
- Complete pre-sales design and construction budgeting for commercial PV Systems (Rooftop, Ground Mount, Carport) and Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Complete Interconnection, Permit, and Construction drawings for rooftop, ground mounted, and parking canopy designs
- Manage relationships with external engineers and consultants, oversee process of outsourcing designs as required
- Review equipment submittals for electrical equipment
- Assist with RFP submissions and produce SOW documents to provide to subcontractors
- Perform site walks to document existing conditions
- Troubleshoot performance issues for underperforming systems
- Maintain all design tools and calculators
- Create and maintain AutoCAD drawing templates, tool palette, and block libraries
- Generate training/process documentation for all new processes
- Stay apprised of industry trends, new technology, and product lines to help determine product offerings
- Assist with training of new PV Designers and CAD Drafters
- Serve as technical point of contact for project managers, construction managers, and other operations personnel
- Engineering degree from top tier university or commensurate experience
- Minimum 7 years of commercial/industrial PV design experience and installation process
- Strong understanding of commercial three phase electrical service equipment, interconnection methods for PV systems, and relevant portions of the NEC
- Working knowledge of medium voltage systems (equipment, grounding, and protection schemes)
- Expertise with Helioscope, PVSyst, and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated experience with managing projects through entire construction life cycle
- Organized, detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company
- Working knowledge of common construction materials and methods.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Experience with medium voltage electrical design
- NABCEP Certification
- EIT Certification
- Experience with Microgrid and EV Charging projects
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + sick days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.