Sr. Procurement Analyst
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Procurement Specialist (Project Services) is responsible for supporting the purchase process for capital equipment (pile drivers, tooling, vehicles, etc.), rental equipment, tooling and other items needed to support HQC US field teams, from RFP to purchase order/contract execution. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: identifying and pre-qualifying vendors, managing NDA process, maintaining a database of vendors, issuing, and analyzing RFPs for materials and services and issuing Purchase Orders as needed. The Procurement Specialist (Project Services) shall interact with key vendors that support the overall strategic objectives of the organization and ensure reliable support to Qcells projects. May be assigned other tasks as needed.
This position reports to the Project Services Manager, or another member of the Procurement team that the Vice President of Procurement may designate. This position can be remote with a preference for candidates on Pacific and Mountain time zones or based in the Irvine, CA office. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position may be required to travel up to 10% of the time.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Interact with key vendors in support of the Companies overall strategic goals
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to issue necessary contracts for Project Services, capital equipment and other items as needed
- Perform vendor onboarding processes (including NDA and pre-qualification)
- Support commercial negotiations for Master Services Agreements, Rental Agreements, project specific agreements, etc. for key vendors in accordance with company policies and guidelines
- Support change order process for vendors and other related contract management processes
- Perform handover process to Project Team ensuring key contract terms, timelines, due dates, etc. are appropriately communicated
- Support Project Management Team as needed with contract information and input to resolve vendor disputes and/or issues, such as under-performance or scope gaps
- Coordinate with internal and external logistics providers to manage movement of assets between projects and/or warehouse facilities
- Support maintenance of Company assets through coordination with Qcells Fleet Manager and/or external maintenance providers
- Monitor vendor performance evaluation process and help create improvement processes based on lessons learned
- Maintain accurate and complete contracting records in accordance with record retention procedures
- Track and analyze market data and provide updates to leadership teams
- Identify, qualify & onboard new vendors
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management
- Preparation of RFPs to qualified vendors including working with other functional groups to gather all required documents and data
- Determine and maintain bid schedules in accordance with project schedules
- Coordinate responses to RFIs from bidders
- Review, compare and evaluate vendor proposals with historical and market pricing to determine cost-competitive pricing and identify opportunities for cost savings
Issue RFPs including, but not limited to the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-3 years, (Sr. designation based on experience) of experience in Contract Management and/or Procurement
- Preference for experience in solar and/or renewable energy with projects of at least 50MW in size
- Experience in capital equipment purchasing
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and in support of project schedules and other deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident communicator with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy with an advance knowledge on Microsoft office including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Understanding of construction management software systems (Procore, E-Builder, CMiC, etc.)
- SAP Experience preferred but not required
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problems that arise in timely manner
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.