New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC business entity of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world-class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions.
The Subcontracts Manager is responsible for the subcontract buyout process (including engineering services, civil, mechanical, and electrical trades, substations, etc.) from RFP to task order/contract execution. This includes identifying new subcontractors, managing a database of current subcontractors, managing the pre-qualification process, and reviewing subcontractor performance and its impact on future contracting decisions. The individual will manage relationships with key subcontractors that support the overall strategic objectives of the organization and ensure reliable support for projects. Responsible for overall coordination, development, and management of subcontractor strategy. May be assigned other tasks as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Procurement, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. Base location of this position is Teaneck, NJ or New York, NY office with hybrid working condition, but remote can be considered for highly qualified candidate on EST time zone. This position may require travel up to 20% of the time.
Compensation: $115,000-130,000 (based on experience) + bonus
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize contracting of engineering and construction services.
- Manage relationships with key subcontractors in alignment with Companies overall strategic goals.
- Develop and manage subcontractor onboarding processes (including NDA and pre-qualification)
- Manage the RFP process including, but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of RFPs to qualified subcontractors including working with other functional groups to gather all required documents and data;
- Determine and maintain bid schedules in accordance with project schedules;
- Coordinate responses to RFIs from bidders;
- Review, compare and evaluate supplier proposals with historical and market pricing to determine cost-competitive pricing and identify opportunities for cost savings;
- Lead commercial negotiations for Master Services Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, project specific construction agreements (EPCA), change orders, etc. with support from internal stakeholders (Legal, Project Management) for key subcontractors in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Manage change order process for subcontractors and other related contract management processes.
- Ensure prime contract flow downs are incorporated into subcontract documents as needed or applicable to scope of work.
- Monitor subcontractor compliance with contract terms and project requirements.
- Support Project Management Team as needed with contract information and input to resolve subcontractor issues, such as under-performance or scope gaps.
- Manage subcontractor performance evaluation process and develop improvement processes based on lessons learned.
- Support Project Management Team as needed with urgent needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete contracting records in accordance with record retention procedures.
- Track and analyze market data and provide updates to leadership teams.
- Identify, qualify & onboard new subcontractor.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Contract Management and/or Procurement.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in solar and/or construction field project at the project size of over $10M in procurement of equipment/material or subcontracting.
- Preferred experience in Solar or Renewable Energy.
- Experience in leading contract management; contract negotiations and risk management.
- Change order management experience.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, professional, team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and in support of project schedules and other deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confident communicator with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization and written communication skills.
- Experience in conducting subcontractor/supplier reviews and evaluation and maintaining good business relationships.
- Computer literacy with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft office including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of construction management software systems (Procore, E-Builder, CMiC, etc.)
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problems that arise in a timely manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage starts day one; NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Bonus structure
- Career advancement opportunities
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.