Midwest Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
The Midwest Sales Manager is responsible for driving business through the sales of C&I and Residential photovoltaic (PV) modules. This position reports to the Head of C&I Module Sales or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This role's responsibilities require approximately 50% traveling, including reporting to the NJ office on an as-needed basis.
- Capitalize on HQCA’s existing solar business to identify and develop plans.
- Pursue new opportunities for growth in one of the following markets: 1.) Northeastern solar markets with a specific focus on selling Qcells modules into large commercial and industrial rooftop and ground mount projects. 2.) Northeastern end users, including a focus on developing new customers with channel partners to achieve pull-in sales from small-to-large-sized solar contractors.
- Prioritize new customers among developers, contractors, and roof installers; prioritize opportunities by geography and approach with an emphasis on expansion.
- Manage relationships and communicate with key customers to identify their needs and requirements including purchase orders, account receivables, technical support, and logistics.
- Observe RFP opportunities; build and manage the pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Conduct deep analysis and comprehend current market dynamics and needs, which is a critical function of the overall Qcells strategy in North America.
- Develop go-to-market strategies including identification of and approach to strategic partners and customers in the C&I sector.
- Define the business model and standard contract terms as well as work with the Marketing Department to define and execute marketing campaigns.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head of C&I Module Sales.
- Mid-Atlantic markets include New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Business or electrical, power-related field.
- Minimum 3 years of sales or business development experience in solar-related industry.
- Ability to develop PV business with utility and commercial developers.
- Willingness to travel at least 50%.
- Creative drive for entrepreneurial opportunities and the flexibility to work with various types of customers.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- 5+ years of experience working with Tier 1 solar manufacturers or relevant industries such as inverter or racking; experience in sales, planning, development, or procurement is a plus!
- Previous experience in selling solar modules for utility or commercial projects.
- Substantial network within Mid-Atlantic US solar markets.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of US PV market dynamics and industry.
- Comfortable interfacing outside the company, including executive presentations, negotiations, and contractual reviews.
- Ability to structure, negotiate, grow, and complete multimillion-dollar account relationships.
- High degree of professionalism and conduct at all times.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.