Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
The Compliance Engineer is responsible for ensuring Hardware products (solar, storage) comply with the regulations in all markets where we sell them. The job requires keeping up with new additions to relevant standards and compliance requirements for new products designed for the US and other countries. The Sr. Compliance Engineer is responsible for providing compliance-related inputs during the design and debugging stages and ensuring the final certification of the product.
- Working within a dynamic power electronics product development team, and leading the development of new and advanced products, as well as existing products.
- Adhering to meetings, documentation, testing, samples, and certification with 3rd party manufacturers.
- Responsible for product UL/NRTL certification projects.
- Run mechanical, electrical, environmental, and performance tests using environmental chambers, tensile testers, load cells, power supplies, and other measuring/data acquisition/testing equipment to best suit the test objectives.
- Craft test plans, collect and summarize detailed data for all tests, and write test reports.
- Work cross-functionally with customers, product design, manufacturing, quality, product management, and marketing teams.
- Participating in working sessions on relevant standards (UL, IEEE).
- Excellent project management aptitude.
- Proven self-starter: identifies issues and creates solutions.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across functional groups and diverse audiences, while working in a dynamic team and project-focused environment.
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related field
- 3+ years of compliance certification experience
- Solid knowledge of power electronics systems, certification, and applications
- Experience with either of the following UL1741, UL1547, UL1642, IEEE 1547, and other relevant power electronics industry codes and standards
- Knowledge of power electronics
- M.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related field
- Certification experience in the solar, electric vehicle, or battery storage industry
- Experience with the following UL1741, UL 1547, UL 1642, IEEE 1547, and other relevant power electronics industry codes and standards
- Experience with CSA IEC, NEC, IEEE 2030.5, and other relevant power electronics industry codes and standards
- Proficient in power electronics and power conversion topologies
- Experience in product design, testing, certification, and production support
- EMI /EMC Certification requirements for global markets
- Startup experience