Senior Electrical Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial and Industrial market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. We are based in NYC. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to offer end to end solutions for project developers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for handling all complex power systems matters of projects from sales origination and bid set design through project startup and commissioning. Electrical Engineering is a shared resource for the entire company and serves as the ultimate technical authority on all DC and AC power systems topics.
This position requires a comprehensive understanding of all power systems topics for design, estimation specification, procurement, construction, interconnection, and operation of a distributed generation solar photovoltaic power plant. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for technical signoff of all internal design drawings, 3rd party engineering, vendor shop drawings, bill of materials, installation methods, inspections, punch lists, and commissioning documents.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering. This position is currently remote.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating all technical aspects of utility coordination including; single line and three-line drawings, plan and elevation drawings, general arrangement and site layout, relay protection and control requirements, grounding systems
- Supporting equipment sourcing efforts, value engineering, planning & tracking project design reviews, quality control/quality assurance, and contractor management
- Provide oversight and reviews of deliverables in the proposal/bid phase including: conceptual design engineering and BOM, preparing proposal technical specifications; develop assumptions, clarifications, and exceptions, Sourcing for vendor quotations
- Coordinate with operations team members for final commissioning
- Create and maintain excel calculators, design standards, and best practices for electrical system design
- Perform arc flash and short circuit analysis for DER projects up to 10 MW.
- Oversee design submittal and equipment approval for all medium voltage interconnections
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by Management
- Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with the interconnection of distributed generation
- Strong understand of 3-phase power systems, distribution service equipment, and balance of system components for solar photovoltaic distributed generation assets
- Ability to communicate the basis of design and order of technical design decisions
- Working knowledge of specific requirements for medium voltage interconnections including effective grounding, protection, controls, fault duty, and other CESIR fields
- Ability to size and specify a grounding transformer, pole mounted equipment, MV switchgear, step up transformers, switchboards, panelboards, inverters, DAS, etc.
- Capable of independently performing power system studies with all SKM modules
- Highly functional with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, OneDrive and Sharepoint
- Confident resourcing required information to make independent technical decisions
- Comfortable with having the ultimate technical responsibility for all electrical specs
- Willingness to perform value engineering and explore cost savings opportunities
- Self-starting for dynamic start-up environment with limited procedural guidance
- Experience with Battery Energy Storage Systems, Microgrids, EV Charging, etc.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems Engineering
- Prior employment experience with manufacturers of switchgear and transformers
- Prior employment experience with a Utility, ISO, IPP, or other generation/T&D entity
- Prior employment experience with a Professional Engineering firm
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensed in Electrical
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company Match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Bonus structure
- Career advancement opportunity
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and/or genetics.