Senior Project Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for handing all technical matters of projects from EPC contract through final completion. Project Engineering provides technical support to Project Management and serves as the primary technical point of contact between vendors and contractors, internal engineering personnel, and the broader Qcells Enable team.
The Project Engineer will work with Electrical Engineering to ensure that all necessary technical specifications are prepared for Procurement and all drawings prepared by Design Engineering are acceptable for release. Project Engineering will also support the drafting and editing of the contract scope of work for engineering services, installation contracts, field quality control, performance testing plans, and other standard operating procedures.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering. This position is remote.
- Complete pre-sales design and construction budgeting for commercial PV Systems (Rooftop, Ground Mount, Carport) and Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Complete Interconnection, Permit, and Construction drawings for rooftop, ground mounted, and parking canopy designs
- Manage relationships with external engineers and consultants, oversee process of outsourcing designs as required
- Review equipment submittals for electrical equipment
- Assist with RFP submissions and produce SOW documents to provide to subcontractors
- Perform site walks to document existing conditions
- Troubleshoot performance issues for underperforming systems
- Maintain all design tools and calculators
- Create and maintain AutoCAD drawing templates, tool palette, and block libraries
- Generate training/process documentation for all new processes
- Stay apprised of industry trends, new technology, and product lines to help determine product offerings
- Assist with training of new PV Designers and CAD Drafters
- Serve as technical point of contact for project managers, construction managers, and other operations personnel
- Engineering degree from ABET accredited university or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with the interconnection of distributed generation
- Strong understand of 3-phase power systems, distribution service equipment, and balance of system components for solar photovoltaic distributed generation assets
- Working knowledge of specific requirements for medium voltage interconnections
- Ability to comprehend technical reports from PVsyst, SKM, relay tests, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the complete lifecycle of construction projects
- Experience with project management or construction management software
- Functional with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and Sharepoint
- Compulsion to maintain documents and databases accurate and organized
- Willingness to maintain minutes for all technical aspects of project meetings
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with limited procedural guidance
- Confident resourcing required information to make independent technical decisions
- Experience with Battery Energy Storage Systems, Microgrids, EV Charging, etc.
- Ability to type 75 words per minute with rapid markup and logging workflow
- Expert with Procore and Bluebeam software
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional (PVIP) Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Advanced degrees in the following subject areas
- Electrical Engineering or Power Systems Engineering
- Energy Systems or other multidiscipline power generation engineering
- Business, Construction, or Project Management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + sick days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.