Associate Project Manager - C&I Services
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
The Distributed Energy (DE) team develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
Q CELLS Energy Services Business is looking for an Associate Project Manager for the management of Commercial & Industrial scale, and small utility-scale, solar and storage projects. This is a great position to manage the various aspects and phases of a project life cycle, ensuring adherence to enterprise, local project, and program management standards, frameworks, and processes. On the Energy Services Team, the Associate Project Manager will have a great opportunity to explore fast-growing solar and energy storage markets.
This position will either work from our headquarter in Irvine, CA, or our San Francisco office and requires flexibility to support travel for multiple projects in various geographical regions, expected to travel up to 20% of the year. Remote work may be approved for the right candidate.
- Report directly to a Sr. Project Manager and have responsibility for the pre-NTP to COD stages of Commercial & Industrial scale and small utility scale PV+ESS, PV only, or ESS only projects in hundreds of kilowatts size to ten megawatts size;
- Assist in development of scopes of work for all aspects of construction and testing;
- Work with QCELLS’ Engineering, Procurement, and Construction partners to obtain indicative pricing for prospective projects.
- Monitor and comply with safety and quality goals for the respective projects
- Responsible for reporting requirements to owner’s and internal parties
- Manage key deliverables of design, procurement, construction, safety, and quality while aligning with project budgets
- Supervise project implementation to assure cost, time, quality and execution guidelines according to schedule;
- Represent project towards external parties such as investors, public authorities, grid operator and others;
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results;
- Provide project progress, including but not limited to:
- Track actual costs and assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services
- Prepare reports regarding the current status of a project to show estimated costs, revenues, and project timeline;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Delivery, or project managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, or another related engineering science
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience managing the performance of major projects, preferably in the building of renewable energy, or other commercial & industrial scale construction projects.
- Experience in interconnection, permitting processes with local authorities preferred
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting problems and presented creative solutions
- Assertive, able to cope with dynamic surroundings, a team player, prepared to travel
- Knowledge in Smartsheet, MS Project and other relevant project management software
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to become a Project Manager
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.