Manager of Technology Strategy, (Energy Systems Hardware)
IT, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
The Manager of Technology Strategy, (Energy Systems Hardware) focuses on driving Product and Technology Roadmap solutions for QCells Residential Home Energy Systems. This position entails proposing cutting-edge new product and system technology offerings with cross-functional stakeholders to support Product and Development projects. This position drives the Residential Smart Energy System Technology Development and Partnership Strategy as well. This position will engage with commercially available and pre-market technology providers to propose new and exciting product offerings to the Executive Leadership Team and play an instrumental role in the growth of our total energy-providing business. We are looking for an expert in residential solutions with a strong industry network with insight and knowledge of market history. Although the position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, it requires international travel of up to 20% for technology and business-related research. This role will report to the VP of Technology Strategy in Qcells.
- Responsible for leading technical market intelligence activities, coordinating implementation of new system technologies and development roadmaps, in close coordination and alignment with Product teams, shaping the future of QCells energy solutions. In collaboration with a range of global teams including R&D Centers, Product Management, Sales and Development, you will be responsible for systems technology strategy of Qcells, owning TRMs in support of PRMs, with an aligned vision of innovative, cutting-edge technologies.
- Research, analyze, define, and implement the improvements to the residential Smart Energy Ecosystem, including stationary storage (ESS), solar (PV), home energy management system (HEMS), smart panels, bidirectional EV, charging station (EVSE), heat pumps, and other smart electrical components.
- Build strategic relationships with internal and external partners to develop and implement technologies and products in cooperation with Global R&D Centers.
- Identify needs and propose the development of new components or adapting existing/third-party products and manage the new product proposal processes.
- Work with company executives to determine strategic product and technology development direction.
- Offertechnical USPs (Unique Selling Points) of diverse system products development from residential ACM + ESS packages, expanding to other solutions such as Heat Pump, Smart Panel and Bidirectional EV charger, load control technologies, etc, collaborating with R&Ds and Tech Strategy team.
- Purview over the development of technology strategy/roadmaps (TRM supporting PRM)
- Builds strategic partnerships to develop and implement technologies into our Residential Systems and Solutions, to meet both status quo and launch QCells Residential Solutions ahead of the competition with differentiating, USPs
- Lead investment review and due diligence, with a technological strategy-centric focus, to help the executive team in M&A opportunities.
- Could work on the tech strategy in C&I or Utility scale Energy System partially, depending on the company’s business needs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of proven experience in product or technology development, technology strategy, including developing, delivering, and executing on a strong product and system vision
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional culture with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time, nationally or internationally.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree in engineering, Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in renewable product development
- Fluent in Korean & English highly preferred