Sr. Site Solar Superintendent (Travel 100%)
Mercersburg, PA, USA · Mercersburg, PA, USA · Pennsylvania, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
QCELLS Enable is the EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial, Industrial, Distributed Generation, and Small Utility Scale solar markets. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our Teaneck, New Jersey headquarters.
TheSolarSuperintendentisresponsibleforrunningajobsite,completingthemontimeandwithinbudget.This individual must be a process driven leader, able to effectively keep their project on schedule. As a superintendent, this individual will run various job sites, completing them on time and within budget.
This position reports to the Construction Manager and/or Field Supervisor, and/or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position location will be on job sites and based on the project location. 100% travel required.
- Work directly with Regional Manager and project managers to help implement project goals.
- Assign duties to staff to implement project goals, as needed.
- Oversee variable aspects of projects and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution.
- Overview project goals and ensure project goals are achievable.
- Review project implementation and gather data on project execution.
- Coordinate with Construction Managers, project managers and other project leads following project execution.
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure our construction teams have the materials they need.
- Communicate about delays and any other issues that must be communicated to clients.
- Completing any tasks assigned by the Regional Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identify Safety concerns and prevention.
- Outline completed portions of the past week that meet or exceed Project Schedule.
- Create and maintain project task schedule and 3-week look ahead.
- Attending a weekly project meeting.
- Discuss change events.
- Discuss staff and subcontractor performance.
- Quality control-inspections, documentation, and electronic submittal
- Safety-inspections, documentation, and electronic submittal
- Crew oversight and management
- Maintenance of crew production schedule Lead Safety Toolbox talks, Comply with Job Hazard Analysis and Site Specific Safety Plan identify punch list and observation from previous week.
- All close out docs and QA/QC checklists.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 6+years of experience in Utility or Commercial Solar Construction required.
- 2+ years of experience in Utility or Commercial Solar Construction as a Foreman/Lead, required.
- 2+yearsofexperienceinUtility or Commercial Solar Construction Management Experience (Site Superintendent or Construction Manager Role),required.
- Experience managing projects greater than 25 Megawatts.
- Experience managing Superintendents and Foreman/Leads who are responsible for individual trade disciplines including civil, mechanical, and electrical.
- Proficient with forecasting and scheduling using Microsoft Project (or equivalent program) and utilizing lookaheads for planning purposes.
- Proficiency with computer operating systems (Procore and Microsoft)
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution.
- Working knowledge of necessary industry-related tools
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insight into project details.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a passion for ensuring projects proceed efficiently and effectively.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with in the field
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and be proactive.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with project management software a plus