At Glacier, we are taking on one of the world’s most pressing problems: trash. Did you know that in the US, we send over half of our recyclables to the landfill? We're working to fix that. In doing so, we’ll also be reducing carbon emissions, energy consumption, and depletion of natural resources.
Glacier builds custom sorting robots designed to sort apart recyclables as well as AI-powered business analytics that enable recyclers to superpower their plants and improve our society’s circularity. These two products together are helping to divert tons of recyclables (literally!) from landfills every day. We’re looking for a talented Project Engineer to lead and streamline the deployment of our growing fleet of robots and AI scanners so we can maximize our environmental impact.
- As part of our small, growing team based in SF, you’ll have a major role in shaping Glacier’s future.
- We started Glacier to have a major positive environmental impact, and we are searching for teammates who share in that mission.
- We’re backed by top-tier VCs and angels with extensive technical and industry expertise.
- We have several robots in production at customer sites and a robust pipeline of upcoming deployments.
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead the deployment of our robot installs from project kickoff through installation, which includes managing a wide variety of stakeholders and timelines with many interdependencies. Specific duties include:
- Team project management: Define and manage project milestones and schedule; coordinate with hardware and software teams to ensure successful deployment
- Design: Create materials necessary for successful deployment, including install-specific CAD designs and installation documentation
- Vendor management: Source and coordinate with vendors to ensure on-time delivery of parts and assemblies; release parts to vendors
- Final assembly and test: Coordinate and participate in in-house assembly and functional testing, create and implement plan for shipping/on-site assembly
- Implementation: Manage and participate in on-site installation and calibration of robot
- Customer management: Lead customer meetings and act as the main technical liaison with the customer throughout the project process-Long-term deployment strategy development: Optimize and document Glacier’s robot deployment strategy to ensure an on-time deployment each time.
(If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but are excited about us, please reach out anyway!)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience preferred plus 3 to 8 years of professional experience
- Experience in leading complex projects, including customer and project management, risk mitigation, timeline coordination, and project installation
- Experience developing and maintaining vendor relationships. Bonus points if you have worked in Supply Chain or in developing vendor strategy.
- Experience with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred), including top-down modeling, creating and modifying drawings. and modifying parts and assemblies.
- Experience with hands-on assembly, including basic prototyping, building complex assemblies, and writing assembly instructions
- Ability to travel and work on-site up to 20% of the time (up to 2 weeks at a time, typically for initial deployment), including some nights and weekends
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office (SOMA neighborhood) at least two days each week
- Self-starter mentality; you will be responsible for defining and managing major project timelines with little guidance, and finding creative ways to resolve a variety of potential project obstacles.
The total cash compensation range for this role is $85,000 - $125,000. In addition to cash compensation, Glacier also offers competitive equity compensation and benefits. The final compensation for this role will depend on many individualized factors, including job-related skills and knowledge, experience level, interview performance, and other factors.