The GridX product team is looking for an experienced (Data, SaaS platform) Product Manager to lead and craft inspiring product delivering rate analytics to our energy sector clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong product background, an affinity for data analytics, and the ability to communicate ideas across design, engineering, operations, customer success, and client stakeholders. The Product Manager will work under the Director of Product Management in the design, development, launch, and management of GridX SaaS Rate Analytics and Clean Energy products.
Because much of the Product team is located in Oakland, CA, it is preferred that the selected candidate be located in the Bay area. The role will include occasional work at a GridX WeWork office and attendance at offsites and/or customer sites, as determined by your role’s responsibilities and agreed to with your manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive product discovery process to establish product/market fit, in collaboration with marketing, engineering and design.
- Assist Sales teams in assessing product gaps and product market fit when responding to RFPs and other prospective customer inquiries.
- Build productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, serving as a credible outward- and client-facing resource.
- Visit with customers and prospective customers to provide and gain product insights.
- Build strategy and roadmap for product areas assigned to you.
- Drive product vision and requirements, translate them to functional specifications and facilitate a sound product design.
- Facilitate gathering of bugs, feedback and feature requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritize and manage a product backlog for effective release and sprint planning working across products & teams.
- Support Solution Architect and Customer Success teams in ensuring successful and effective delivery and adoption of your products across clients.
- Ability to work across time zones and with offshore teams in a dynamic start-up setting.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in product management, consulting, data analysis, or equivalent.
- Experience in the utility or energy industries.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to distill complex ideas and translate them into terms relevant to disparate stakeholders, including engineers, designers, subject matter experts, and lay people.
- Apply a creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving with the ability to focus on the details while maintaining perspective on the big picture.
- Deep desire to learn.
- Drive to build the tools and software that enable GridX to be a catalyst for a clean energy future.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and big data to support the development of SaaS applications
- Expertise in the utility or energy industries
- Product management experience
- Familiarity with Agile product development
- Expert level user of Microsoft Office; specifically: PowerPoint and Word
- Experience working with a start-up
- Flexible PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Parental Leave
- Be part of creating our clean energy future
GridX is the catalyst of our clean energy future. Utilities and energy technology providers rely on our analytics solutions to tell people exactly what they can expect to pay when making clean energy decisions, like changing to a time-of-use rate plan, buying an electric vehicle, installing solar and more. The result is less strain on the electric grid, happier customers and increased consumer investment in sustainable technologies. Working at GridX puts you at the center of realizing our clean energy future.
At GridX, we value the diversity of our employees and partners. We believe that our company thrives when we support and celebrate our differences.