Business Development Representative
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Gro is actively seeking dynamic and self-motivated professionals with a background in the enterprise business and a natural instinct for sales to join our sales organization. As a part of our team, you will play a pivotal role in establishing the foundation of our sales efforts by identifying potential buyers and effectively conveying the value of Gro to a diverse range of existing and prospective clients. At Gro, the Business Development function operates at the intersection of sales and marketing, collaborating across teams to shape our go-to-market and sales strategy. We welcome individuals from finance or consulting backgrounds and those with specific sales experience to apply for this role.
What You'll Do
- Identify new prospects and customers, leading initial outreach, such as qualifying calls and product demos.
- Demonstrate Gro's value proposition across our entire universe of data services and implement effective client engagement strategies for user acquisition.
- Generate client presentations and correspondence for account executives, and take charge of follow-up projects with existing prospects and clients.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional internal teams such as Product Management, Development, and UX Design, leveraging client perspectives to inform product development.
- Conduct research in collaboration with the sales team to identify and target ideal prospects and evolving market trends.
- This position offers growth opportunities into an Account Manager role.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years professional experience in either:
- Investment banking, consulting, venture capital, or related fields AND/OR
- Sales/business development in the tech, agriculture, or climate sectors
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: be proactive and able to identify opportunities, take initiatives, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Positive and Results-Oriented. Successful candidates are resilient, perseverant, and motivated to achieve and exceed goals.
- Passion for, or familiarity with, agriculture, commodities, food systems, climate change, or the policy and financial environments with them.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- A track record of success in prospecting, lead generation, and closing deals is a plus.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $70,000 - $105,000 plus a performance based bonus. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy, and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.