Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are now looking for a German-speaking mid-level Buyer to join our talented Commercial team hybridly in Berlin.
🎯 What you will contribute:
- You will hold supply responsibility, ensuring the best availability at the best conditions by acting as the central contact person for suppliers & vendors.
- You will work on supply strategy with the aim to improve the status quo. Always keep an eye on performance and take effective measures in the event of deviations from expectations.
- Manage and develop existing supplier relationships as well as onboarding new suppliers & vendors to our supplier network.
- Negotiate independently with suppliers & vendors about orders, prices, delivery conditions, and related Marketing campaigns.
- Be responsible for the complete order processing, from the inquiry to the delivery of goods.
- Be the direct interface to various other departments including: Logistics, Sales & Marketing.
⭐️ What you care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high-quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
🤝 What you bring:
- Ideally, 3-5 years of industry experience in the area of purchasing and vendor management.
- Great communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills, you don’t wait until a problem is solved, but take it into your own hands if necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and be a self-starter.
- A flexible mentality and excitement towards new challenges.
- Native German or at least C1 level in speaking and writing is a must. The candidate should also be fluent in English, our company language.
❤️🔥 What you will love about us:
- Hybrid environment with flexible working hours.
- BVG monthly discount to drive you everywhere in Germany.
- Mental health support with Nilohealth.
- Physical health support with ClassPass or Urban Sports Club.
- Annual learning budget of 1000€ per year.
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for you, your friends and family.
- A diverse global team of 75 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.