Lead/Head of Debt Collections (m/w/x)
Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
To continue this incredible adventure, we are currently looking for an ambitious Lead/Head of Debt Collections (m/f/x) full-time for our Debt Collection Team, at our Berlin HQ (3 days per week).
🎯 What you will contribute:
- Organize, manage, and lead a European Collection department mentoring the different team leads and working along the risk leadership
- Plan the proper strategy and course of action to recover outstanding and delinquent payments for both B2C and B2B customers
- Track and work to improve operational KPIs: Costs per euro collected, Contact Rates, Cure Rates, Collection Roll Rates, etc.
- Manage our relationships with 3rd party debt collections agencies and continuously optimize the output
- Monitor team’s and system’s performance ensuring high quality and company protocols are in place
- Ensure that the teams have the right technological stack to succeed
- Work closely with Product and Payment department as well as Customer support and Risk
- Recover outstanding and unreturned Grover assets and devices
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans with delinquent customers
- Respond to customer inquiries and work collaboratively and cross-functionally to resolve discrepancies
- Update account statuses and ensure proper data tracking is reflected in our databases
🤝What you bring:
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience in Debt Collections with leadership and team management exposure
- Operational and analytical skills that can drive impact and process improvements
- Deep knowledge of the European (mostly German) collection landscape as it relates to customer payment methods, collection strategies, and channel methodology
- Passion for growth, and the desire to improve processes and efficiencies
- Ability to multitask and work with targets and tight deadlines
- Customer service mindset and extreme attention to details
- Experience with MS Office & Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fluency in German is a strong plus
❤️🔥What you will love about us:
- Hybrid model with 30 days per year to work abroad
- BVG monthly discount to drive you anywhere in Berlin
- Company Pension Scheme and a top-up to Parental Leave
- Online Mental Wellness support with Nilohealth
- Urban Sports Club or ClassPass Corporate Discount
- Annual learning budget of 1000€
- 1 Paid Volunteering Day per Year
- Online German Classes through LanguageHero and Babbel subscription
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for you & your loved ones
- Engaging, open office located in Berlin-Schöneberg with free snacks and drinks, underground parking including bikes & e-cars, regular events, a music studio, and a gym… to name a few!
Embark on a rewarding journey with the Grover Rocketship, where your impact is felt, and together, we cultivate a more circular world. 💚
We are looking forward to e-meeting you! 🚀