Sales Development Internship 2023/2024
Sales & Business Development
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
We’re looking for a highly-motivated, results-driven person to join our inside sales team at Halter for the summer. As a Sales Development Intern, you’ll be supporting our amazing field sales team as they equip Australasian farms with Halter’s world-first technology - transforming the way they farm and helping them become leaders in productivity and sustainability. We’re a small but hungry sales team looking to drive impactful results, and we need your help to move faster and more efficiently. You’ll be responsible for creating and executing a project that will drive longlasting value back to the Halter business. That might be focused on data analysis, creating a repository of resources for the team to leverage, or helping to develop scalable events for our customers and prospects. We’re open to ideas on how we can improve, so this is a great opportunity to make your mark in an industry-disrupting startup.
This internship will run from the 15th of November 2024 through to the 25th of February 2024. It will be full-time 40 hours a week over this time period. This role can be based in either Auckland or Christchurch.
What your day could look like
- Meeting with the Halter sales team to workshop sales ideas
- Calling prospects to book meetings for the field sales team
- Creating great sales collateral and go-to-market resources
- Attending and supporting events for us to get in front of farmers
- Focusing on the customer and their needs, providing feedback to help drive the product roadmap
- Getting out on the road with members of the team to meet and understand farmers
Who are we looking for?
- Great communication skills and phone manner
- Someone with the right attitude who is highly motivated and driven to deliver exceptional results
- A willingness to upskill and learn
- The ability to adapt to change and think on your feet - Halter is a fast-paced environment and things are constantly changing as we grow
- We want someone who is hungry, who wants to be stretched and who wants to start doing the best work of their life, right now
- An intern at Halter is a fully-fledged member of the team and you’ll be given opportunity, ownership and responsibility like everyone else.
- While a farming background is not required for this role, a genuine interest in the sector is essential!
- Someone who is located in the Auckland or Christchurch regions
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage
- The opportunity to work with and grow alongside a dynamic, and highly talented team with diverse backgrounds
- State-of-the-art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real
- We offer a competitive remuneration package
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!