Behaviour Product Specialist
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
Halter is looking for someone to join our animal behaviour team as a Product Specialist. You’ll play a key role in building and supporting our reproduction and animal health products. You’ll be working closely with our customer success teams to ensure our farmers know exactly how to utilise Halter to achieve amazing results on their farms. You’ll be tracking the performance of our product in the field using custom dashboards and supporting our Customer Success Reps in reaching out to our farmers when required. Together with our engineers and designers you’ll work on new features and you use your knowledge about farming and animal health to build the bridge between our farmers and engineering teams.
What your day could look like
- Interact with farmers and our Customer Success Reps to explore and test new ideas and features that we can add to our product
- Monitor the important metrics of our customers during their mating season to enable intervention if required
- Collaborate on statistical research projects to provide scientific input into our current and future Behaviour products
- Work with the Customer Success team on the continuous improvement of our onboarding material and online collateral that helps farmers understand our products better
- Provide assistance to the support team when answering product queries & requests. Educate and guide the support and customer success teams on how farmers can get the most out of Halter's animal behaviour products.
- Observe cows and collect data on farm as additional input to improve our behaviour models
- Join our Customer Success team on specific customer visits to provide high-value support, helping them understand, use and maximise the value from our animal behaviour products.
- Assist in running webinars and discussion groups for our farmers
- Work with our team of Data Analysts to provide high-value insights and reporting to farmers and vets, enabling farmers to make key important decisions for their herd and operation.
What we’re looking for
- You have on farm experience and understand animal health and reproduction well
- You're tech savvy with high attention to detail, and get excited about analysing data that enables you to help farmers achieve amazing results.
- You care for cows and have a solid understanding of their behaviour
- You thrive when working with a high performing team and have the ability to communicate with teammates and customers
- You love a high pace environment and get excited when the pressure comes on
- Organise testing of new products and features on our beta farms and communicate and collect feedback from our customers
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic, and highly gifted team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State-of-the-art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave unlimited paid annual leave.
- Importantly, we offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!