Safety Management System (SMS) Manager
Safety Management System (SMS) Manager
- Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are now looking for a Safety Manager System (SMS) Manager to join our Quality Assurance team in Gothenburg. Do you have experience from Safety and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
The SMS manager is part of Quality Assurance department and is reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance. You will be having the broad responsibility for the development, operation, and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System (SMS) deployed at Heart Aerospace. You will be a focal point for safety management issues within the Organization and interacts directly with nominated safety representatives.
As key responsibilities, you must develop and implement an SMS in compliance with EASA Part 21 at the Company level. The scope of activity covers the EASA Part 21 Subpart J DOA and Subpart G POA activities.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date documentation of the SMS, including manuals, procedures, and reports.
- Managing the appropriate dissemination of documentation to relevant stakeholders.
- Communicating across the Organization, cultivating and maintaining a proactive and positive safety culture in conjunction with a community of nominated safety representatives.
- Ensuring by training and continuous feedback that everyone understands safety
policy, processes and procedures.
- Supporting operational departments and managers on the use of safety management processes (e.g assisting operational personnel in conducting risk assessments according to a common risk assessment methodology and assigning effective, operationally relevant controls).
- Ensuring that proper safety training is provided so that risk assessment processes are ingrained within the Organization and that safety discussions are facilitated throughout the Organization.
- Fostering a positive safety culture including safety promotion and open reporting culture and ensuring that punitive actions are not taken against individuals making voluntary or mandatory safety reports.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring how the “just” culture policy is applied and reporting to the Accountable Executive when issues are identified.
- Encouraging operational departments and/or individuals to take ownership of safety issues and risks.
- Ensuring consistency and coherence of safety management processes across the organization.
- Ensuring that corrective and preventive actions are managed and implemented by the relevant departments; are performing as intended; and are reported to the safety committee.
You will report to the Head of Quality Assurance and the team consists of 4 people. Your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation, safety management, or a related field.
- Certification of training in aviation safety management required.
- In-depth knowledge of EASA Part 21 regulations.
- Previous experience (minimum 2 years) in aviation safety management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead safety initiatives with all departments using cross functional management involving safety officers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
• Eagerness to work with others
• Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.