Senior Aircraft Safety Engineer
Senior Aircraft Safety Engineer
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are now looking for a Senior Aircraft Safety Engineer to join our team in Gothenburg. Do you have experience with aircraft system safety engineering and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
The Senior Aircraft Safety Engineer will help us design and develop the aircraft and its installed systems. As an electric aircraft, this may entail new and novel approaches to system safety, in some cases requiring an innovative approach to the system design.
This will be a broad role covering design support, analysis and compliance finding. In this role, you will provide specialist support to all other engineering groups including systems and structures.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct safety assessments and analyses for aircraft, systems, components, and processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant safety aeronautic regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Apply system safety engineering principles to identify, analyse, and mitigate safety risks throughout the aircraft development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain safety documentation.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of internal safety standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design engineers, system engineers, and regulatory authorities, to ensure a comprehensive approach to safety.
- Support the aircraft certification process by providing safety-related documentation and participating in certification activities.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior engineers.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and professional development, offering guidance on safety engineering principles and practices.
- Encourage a culture of continuous learning and improvement among the team.
You will report directly to the Chief Engineer and your place of work will be at our main office located in central Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 10 years' experience within an aerospace OEM company environment, including preliminary design phases.
- Experience with aircraft development programs through the entire design, development & certification lifecycle (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization, or international equivalent.
- Direct experience with safety and system safety engineering, within an approved design organization.
- Experience with functional hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, common cause analyses and particular risk analyses.
- Knowledge of systems and safety engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761).
- Proficiency coordinating activities of engineers internally and in partner supplier companies is a merit.
- Working knowledge of airborne hardware & software qualification (DO-254/178) is an advantage.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a merit.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Eagerness to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace, aeronautical similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.