Senior FP&A Lead
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2022
All across the world, from the azure pools of Turkey and Oman to the travertine terraces of Yellowstone, our planet quietly pulls carbon dioxide from the air and turns it to stone. For eons, Earth has relied on this process to balance its carbon cycle. What if it could be harnessed? What if we could do it faster, in larger quantities, and at a low enough cost to make it an effective tool in the fight against climate change?
At Heirloom, we are turning that into reality. We use the natural carbon capture properties of abundant minerals to pull CO2 from the air, and store it permanently underground. We come to work every day to slow climate change, and are united behind a single, common goal - to remove 1 billion tons of CO2 from the sky by 2035, and to not stop before we get there.
We bring together the precise recipe of science, technology, know-how, and strategy necessary to make low cost, high quality carbon removal a reality. If we’re successful, we will directly mitigate climate change, build a world we can proudly hand over to our children and grandchildren, and catalyze an industry that will rival the largest the world has ever seen. If you want to change the planet, come join us.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Heirloom is committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We believe wholeheartedly that building a diverse company is critical to Heirloom’s success. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We are now seeking a senior finance leader focused on Financial Planning & Analysis, reporting to our Head of Finance, based in our Brisbane, CA HQ. This is a chance to build and lead a critical function for Heirloom - you’ll get to write the FP+A playbook for a leader in an industry that is set to become massive.
In this critically important role, you will drive financial planning, business modeling and management reporting activities. You’ll own budgeting, the annual operating plan, and financial forecasting. Developing high-fidelity equipment capex forecast models that align with manufacturing processes and hardware design, you’ll help drive equipment design decisions that will maximize return on capital and minimize assembly cost. Acting as a partner to the Supply Chain, and Deployment teams, you’ll facilitate accurate cost recognition, inventory tracking and fixed assets recording. Working closely with R&D, you’ll project detailed CapEx and Opex cost-down pathways to help inform our technology roadmap.
Like all Heirloomers, you have a deep passion, enthusiasm, and commitment for tackling climate change (that’s just table stakes for us). Across your career in finance (likely 7+ years overall with 5+ years in scaled industrial manufacturing), you have learned to partner across teams and work hands-on with individual team members. You have a strong ability to distill large amounts of data into insights necessary to drive decision making, and the ability to clearly and concisely present those insights to a wide variety of audiences. And of course you are excited to work in a fast-paced, growth stage environment where you get to have a huge impact on decision making and Heirloom’s growth trajectory.
You don’t have to have every listed requirement and skill to be a great fit - you may even teach us something about what we should be looking for! If you are passionate about this opportunity and think you have the skills to succeed, please apply!
Radical Honesty means we are open, transparent, and inclusive in everything we do. We aren't scared to challenge each other, but bring clear motives and our best intentions when we do.
Persistent Optimism means we carry an infinite amount of optimistic energy with us on our journey, constantly chipping away at what may seem insurmountable.
Maximize learning rate means we're always in discovery mode. Compounding knowledge is our key to victory - we continuously hone our crafts, seek the fastest paths to new learning, and are quick to absorb new knowledge.
- Radical Honesty means we are open, transparent, and inclusive in everything we do. We aren't scared to challenge each other, but bring clear motives and our best intentions when we do.
- Persistent Optimism means we carry an infinite amount of optimistic energy with us on our journey, constantly chipping away at what may seem insurmountable.
- Continual Discovery means we maximize our learning rate. Compounding knowledge is our key to victory - we continuously hone our crafts, seek the fastest paths to new learning, and are quick to absorb new knowledge.
Why you should join Heirloom
- We are solving the engineering problem of our generation. Climate change is an existential threat, and we need as many of the world’s motivated minds as possible to help. There is no greater challenge or opportunity than fighting climate change.
- We have done this before. We have done this before. We’re engineers, scientists, and concerned humans from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who are pooling our knowledge and skills to collectively build a more equitable, prosperous future for all.
- We are a united, resilient, and optimistic bunch. We are all here for the same reason - to slow climate change. We recognize the magnitude of the challenge ahead of us, and believe we can solve it. We can see a hopeful future where we eventually reverse climate change. It won’t be easy, but we won’t quit.
- We are backed by the best climate partners in the world. We’re well funded by investors from Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Ahren Innovation Capital, Carbon Direct, Microsoft, Lowercarbon Capital, ARPA-e and the National Science Foundation. Our early customers include Stripe, Shopify, and Klarna, and we’re building durable partnerships that enable us to tackle this decades-long problem.
Perks and benefits
- Covered health, dental and vision. Health, dental and vision insurance covered by Heirloom
- Generous parental leave. 16 weeks paid leave for all Heirloom employees, regardless of primary/secondary caregiver status.
- Generous stock options.
- Flexible time off. Flexible PTO for exempt (salaried) employees & 120 hours for full time non-exempt (hourly) employees.
- Stay healthy. Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Learn on the job. Robust annual education and conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
Target compensation for this role is between $150,000 and $200,000 depending on level and experience.
See more open positions at Heirloom
Something looks off?