Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
Heliogen is seeking a bright, proactive and detail-oriented Executive Assistant and Office Manager for our Houston office. The Office Manager is responsible for the organization and coordination of local office operations, procedures and resources to ensure a positive, efficient and inclusive work environment for the staff. As the Executive Assistant, this individual will perform a wide range of administrative support activities and assistance to 1-2 senior executives who may or may not be based locally. This person should be comfortable working in ambiguity and in a fast-paced environment with the goals of delivering executive administrative excellence while also providing a positive and inviting office culture. To be successful in this role, one needs superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests, all while bringing creativity and a positive attitude to lead our work culture.
This is an in-person role, weekdays 9am to 5pm.
- Managing inventory databases, processing invoices, collecting expense data, tracking budgets, and stocking office supplies
- Manage new hire and staffing tech requests working cross-functionally with IT.
- Manage and maintain seating org charts; parking and building pass allocation
- Creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring communication, and coordinating departments, including receptionist duties when required.
- Organizing events and meetings logistics for both in-office and offsite events
- Manage Daily Correspondence and Communications for all requests.
- Booking transportation and accommodations upon request.
- Manage and strategize highly complex and evolving calendars
- Develop meeting agendas, attend meetings, and document meeting notes
- Manage domestic and international travel as needed
- Maintain expense reports, (experience with Concur a plus)
- Act as gatekeeper and liaison for senior executives, demonstrating strong decision-making skills and balancing competing priorities
- Collaborate and coordinate in-office and offsite events
- Organize, prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Work closely with the leadership team, recruiting, and other Executive Assistants to provide support to the organization
- 6+ years of related work experience, with at least 1+ years supporting senior/C-Suite Executives
- High level of discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Excellent written and oral communication, collaboration, and attention to detail
- Self-starter that can take a task and run with it with limited supervision
- Must be proactive and anticipate problems and/or needs of your Executive
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Available to perform tasks outside of normal business hours when vital
- Work alongside colleagues with a passion to save the world by reducing carbon emissions with concentrated solar energy
- Have fun and take pride in your role!
- Project Management experience is a plus
The candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, goal-focused environment, while maintaining flexibility, a sense of humor and composure. Key to the position is to understand business priorities, and to anticipate needs proactively while also serving as another "go to" for all members on this team. In addition, the ability to have a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is critical. The candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the whole picture.
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.