We are marketing folks, technicians, software developers, mechanical engineers, designers, painters, and car lovers. We love a whiff of gasoline and we geek out about the torque provided by electric motors. Above all we believe the world is a better place with vintage cars out on the road.
We strive to create a meaningful workplace at Kindred, which means something different for each of our team members. For some, it’s getting these immortal vehicles on the road. For others it’s the portion of revenue we donate to our local community for every vehicle sold. For many at Kindred, it’s the inclusive work environment we’ve created.
Our cars create joyful experiences for our customers and immense pride for our team. If you can match our passion, values, and work ethic, we want you!
The VP, Operations will lead the modernization of vintage cars and trucks and the teams of automotive specialists who build them. This includes director level reports, and their teams, responsible for designing, prototyping, and optimizing each model for production.
We are building both gas and electric vehicles and will shift primarily to electric vehicles moving forward. With each new model we must continue to innovate with a focus on simplicity, safety, quality, performance, and cost. With these areas of focus in mind you will be responsible for setting deliverables, deadlines and managing each project through to completion. The ideal candidate will have an automotive background along with the leadership and project management skills needed to drive Kindred operations into the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Key member of the leadership team responsible for overseeing design, prototyping, and optimization of vehicles for production
• Focus on continuous improvement and innovation with a constant eye to simplicity, safety, quality, performance, and cost
• Manage teams, set priorities and deadlines, and ensure that projects stay on task, and are completed on time
• Maintain high standards for safety, product quality, equipment use, and operator performance
• Utilize in-house technology to map workflow, record processes, and manage parts and tools needed for assembly
• Advise direct and indirect reports on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, and the like; ensures compliance with company policies and administerspractices in fair and equitable manner
• Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively; takes corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policies
• Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• Leadership – History of managing across levels and cross-functionally
• Project Management – History of organizing priorities, setting goals, managing resources, and ensuring deadlines are met
• A constant professional with a high EQ
• Comfortable with ambiguity - We are doing something new and innovate so you will need to be a problem solver
• Automotive experience – 10 yrs. of industry experience or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to hire and retain talent
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related major, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Clear communicator – Strong written and verbal skills
• Passion for automotive restoration and modification
• Must enjoy the process of hands-on creative problem solving
• Detail oriented, positive attitude, and a sense of humor
• Neat and organized
• Knowledge of FMEA
• Knowledge of CAD
• After market automotive experience
• Engineering background a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Walking, sitting, standing, bending, and stooping. Lifting, carrying, or pushing/pulling supplies, materials, equipment and/or items weighing up to 75 pounds. Clean and well-organized unconditioned shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times requires ear plugs, use of eye protection, and/or occasional use of a respirator.