Automotive Process Engineering Technician
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryReporting to the Process Engineer, the Process Engineering Technician supports the development, documentation and implementation of new and existing production processes to sustain a safe and efficient work environment. Serving as the bridge between Pre-Production and Production, the Process Engineering team is responsible for developing, sustaining, and continuously improving safe, repeatable processes designed to ensure perfect vehicle quality and maximize production throughput. Essential Duties And ResponsibilitiesThe essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create Blueprint documentation and training materials such as Standard Work Instructions, Quality Key Points and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Build, update, and modify jigs, fixtures, and workstations based on documentation such as blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Collaborate with members of the Design, Pre-Production, Production, and Supply Chain teams to ensure processes are effective and satisfy common goals.
- Provide technical support to engineers and members of the production team.
- Ensure equipment and machinery is properly maintained and is used safely by operators.
- Build innovative, cost-effective solutions for tooling, part presentation, jigs and templates to be used throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Work hand-in-hand with Process Engineers to ensure that the implementation and adoption of standardized processes is effective and flows with the production plan.
- Provide continuous improvements in standardized processes across all Production areas and product lines.
- Implement improvement projects targeting waste reduction with a focus on lean manufacturing principles.
- Track and trend KPI`s in order to measure success and ensure team accountability.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a production or manufacturing environment – Technical education and certificates highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret CAD models and technical drawings
- Experience working as part of cross-functional teams solving complex problems
- Demonstrated history of outstanding attention to detail, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete work in a safe, timely, accurate, and thorough manner
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
- Possessing a professional attitude, and ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues across the organization.
- Adaptability and resilience, ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Familiarity with automotive manufacturing or restoration work (hands on)
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Hands-on experience in welding, metal fabrication and working with hand tools
- Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Process Improvement Experience/Certifications
- Familiarity with OSHA compliance requirements for manufacturing environments
- Experience with ergonomics, Environment Health and Safety (EHS) programs
- EV experience