Head of Corporate Communications
About the Company
KoBold Metals Zambia is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Rice and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
About the Position
As Head of Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for guiding the public image and all external-facing communications of Kobold Metals Zambia.
- You will work closely with the leaders of KoBold Metals and KoBold Metals Zambia to identify messages and related audiences.
- You will be responsible for the reach and relevance of the messaging for KoBold Metals Zambia, and you will work to ensure we are accurately represented in the media
- You will interface with external media outlets, government and other organizations as representation for KoBold Metals Zambia.
- You will drive the creation and execution of communications plans across all channels - social, web, events, etc. - for KoBold Metals Zambia
You must have:
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in public relations, communications, or related discipline
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a communications field for a large, public-facing brand or organization
- Track record of developing communications plans and executing them for large, high profile companies or organizations
- Excellent storytelling skills across a variety of platforms - prose writing, web, media, social, etc.
- Proven project management skills, with an ability to get things done efficiently in a fast-paced, innovative startup environment
- Exceptional ability to build and manage far-reaching, long-lasting networks
- Willingness to travel, both within Zambia and internationally
- Flexibility and adaptability to take on new opportunities at they emerge
- A desire to be constantly learning new things; deep intellectual curiosity and drive to understand all aspects of KoBold’s business
- Enjoyment in working with people in a wide variety of disciplines
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals or permanent residents.
Location: Copperbelt or Lusaka.