Government & Public Affairs Manager
About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac Solutions is seeking an effective, proactive, self-motivated team player to join us as our Government and Public Affairs Manager. The Government and Public Affairs manager will play a pivotal role in representing Lilac's interests, fostering positive relationships, and ensuring effective communication between our organization and various stakeholders. The responsibilities will encompass governmental engagement, local communities outreach, and strategic communications to promote our commitment to sustainable and responsible lithium extraction practices.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local, regional, and national government officials, agencies, and regulators.
- Work with legal and compliance teams to monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory developments that could impact the company's operations and provide strategic recommendations.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence to all relevant regulations and permitting requirements.
- Design and implement strategies to increase Lilac's opportunities in the Country
- Increase name recognition of Lilac Solutions within Government, and educate key individuals on the unique value of Lilac's technology.
- Develop and implement community engagement strategies that foster positive relationships with local communities, indigenous groups, and stakeholders.
- Organize and participate in public meetings, informational sessions, and community events to address concerns, answer questions, and promote transparency.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders including environmental organizations, NGOs, industry associations, and research institutions.
- Work collaboratively to address concerns, gather input, and incorporate feedback into company policies and practices.
- Develop and execute communication plans to enhance the company's reputation and promote its commitment to sustainability and responsible resource extraction.
- Prepare press releases, articles, speeches, and other communication materials to effectively convey the company's mission and values.
- Develop and implement strategies for handling potential crises or issues that may arise in relation to the company's operations.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to coordinate responses and ensure timely and accurate communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs, Government Relations, Communications, Political science, Public administration, Compliance, or related fields.
- 10 years minimum of related experience supporting senior management in legal, governmental, or professional services industries is preferred. Public affairs, Lithium industry experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of local and regional (NOA) political landscape, governmental structures, and regulatory processes in Argentina.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish, with exceptional written and verbal communication abilities in both languages.
- Proficiency in tech tools, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on writing, and the ability to tailor messages to address different stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, results-oriented ,self-motivated, and a team player
- A Demonstrated ability to work independently, make strategic decisions, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of sustainable development practices, environmental conservation, and corporate social responsibility principles.
Salta, Argentina. This role may require occasional travel to regional offices in Santiago de Chile, company headquarters in Oakland, and relevant stakeholder meetings in Salta, Jujuy and Buenos Aires.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Supplementary group life insurance
- Lilac days: flexible paid time off
- Language training program
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extended paternity leave
- Coming to the office? Coffee, lunch and snacks are on us!
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.