Logistics & Operations Specialist
Lithos Carbon revolutionizes the carbon capture industry through enhanced rock weathering technology. We work with farmers to spread basalt rock on farmland, which increases soil health and repurposes post-industrial waste. Our technology is aimed at removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere at a fraction of the cost of other methods, while helping farmers improve crop yields. Our team is made up of industry-leading academic scientists and proven entrepreneurs, backed by top-tier investors like Union Square Ventures and Greylock. We started commercializing the technology in 2022 and already signed customers for our permanent carbon removal credits including Stripe, Alphabet, Shopify, and McKinsey’s Frontier program. You can read about our work in FastCompany, Axios, and on our blog.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Logistics & Operations Specialist to accelerate our growth and provide amazing service to the quarries, logistics partners, and growers we work with. The Logistics Specialist will report to our Head of Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in logistics, operations, or supply chain management, preferably with experience working with agricultural products, bulk materials, and/or multimodal transport methods (truck, rail, barge).
We’re a remote-friendly team with offices in Seattle, San Francisco and New York City. The Logistics and Operations Specialist position is a full-time role, preferably located close to one of our main deployment hubs in PA, WI or NC.
- Run the day-to-day planning and execution of transportation and spreading of basalt from industrial sites to farmlands
- Ensure a timely and accurate deployment of basalt to new and existing sites by working closely with our operations and growth teams
- Build and maintain strong relationships with logistics partners and vendors
- Collaborate with growers, external partners, and the Science & Engineering team on collecting measurement data from growers
- Drive initiatives to improve logistics performance
- Identify areas to apply automation and technology to increase speed and transparency
- Collaborate with the Operations and Growth teams to identify opportunities of growth
The below represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in operations, supply chain management, business administration, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in logistics, operations, or supply chain management
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Experience working with commercial farmers (or personal experiences on farms/with agtech) preferred
What we’re looking for
You are excited about building a transportation and logistics network that can carry Lithos to the first million — and then billion – tons of carbon capture.
- You are creative and curious in identifying ways internal and external stakeholders can win together
- You are excited to work with growers and are patient + responsive, empathizing with their unique perspectives
- You have a growth mindset and a bias for action
- You communicate with empathy, candor, and urgency
- You practice extreme ownership (no task is too small, your word and behavior are aligned, you follow through)
- You are humble and relentlessly curious
- Meaningful equity compensation
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- Access to our 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Lithos provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply, follow the link to complete the application and we will be in touch within 5-7 business days.