Microbiology Lab Assistant
About the Role:
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionize agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the Role:
As a Microbiology Lab Assistant at Loam Bio, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our scientists and contributing to the success of our R&D program. You'll be an integral part of our US microbial laboratory team, focusing on various aspects of microbiology, from isolating and characterizing micro-organisms to assisting with greenhouse and field trials. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of tasks to ensure the efficient operation of our lab and collaboration with other Loam Bio facilities and partners.
- Strictly adhere to permitting protocols and safety standards while working in the laboratory.
- Conduct microbiological tests, following good laboratory practices, which include preparation, isolation, identification, and characterization of micro-organisms.
- Prepare, sterilize, and maintain laboratory media and reagents for microbial cultivation, ensuring compliance with GLP guidelines.
- Monitor and manage microbial samples and collections, maintaining precise records and utilizing LIMS for efficient tracking and procurement.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of experiments, observations, results, and data in accordance with GLP and LIMS documentation standards.
- Assist in the development, improvement, and updating of safe operating procedures and protocols in line with testing standards.
- Implement biomaterials production and quality control processes for microbe R&D applications.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams and researchers to plan and execute experiments and projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, with a preference for Microbiology, Biotechnology, Plant Biology, or Soil Science.
- A genuine passion for microbiology and a strong enthusiasm for staying updated with the latest advancements in the field.
- Proven experience working in a microbiology laboratory, with a focus on GLP, microbial collection management, and LIMS utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement scientific methodologies, processes, and laboratory methods to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience working collaboratively in team settings to deliver high-quality joint outcomes.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively report progress.
- Meticulous record-keeping skills, ensuring the integrity of microbial collections and the highest level of accuracy in all laboratory activities and documentation.
- Proficiency in networking and collaborating through both in-person and remote interactions, including email, chats, phone calls, and video conferences.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact and grow within a pioneering ag-tech startup organization
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, 401K with company match, short-term/long-term life insurance
- Collaborative and highly engaging work environment with opportunities to work across international teams
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Why you should join us:
We're tackling some of the most challenging issues of our time, and we're doing it with a team that's passionate about making a difference. If you're looking for a role where you can use your skills to contribute to a mission that matters, we'd love to hear from you.
Loam Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.