National Field Operations Manager
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionise agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the Role:
The National Field Operations Manager will oversee and execute all field initiatives in relation to Loam's carbon projects. You'll manage all the field components of our carbon project operations, ensuring compliance and achieving strategic objectives through organisation and coordination. In this senior capacity, you will have a unique opportunity to work closely with growers and the Loam team, actively engaging with them out in the field.
- Develop and refine operational procedures to enhance project tracking, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness for Loam's Carbon Projects across Australia
- Provide effective leadership to interdisciplinary teams, ensuring they meet project milestones within budget and timelines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project objectives and maintain compliance with regulations and standards.
- Identify and mitigate risks related to on-farm carbon sequestration operations, covering issues like weather, equipment, regulations, and market changes
- Efficiently dispatch personnel, contractors, and equipment across the nation to farm locations, ensuring the right resources are available when needed.
- Oversee regular equipment inspections, servicing, and repairs to minimize downtime and ensure optimal performance.
- Manage budgeting, procurement, and quality control, while maintaining compliance with permits and regulations.
- Organize training sessions for staff to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Enforce safety protocols, conduct regular safety audits, and address safety concerns to prevent accidents.
- Continuously assess project outcomes and implement innovative solutions for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Extensive agricultural operations management, ideally within cropping with a deep understanding of crop management, soil health, and sustainable farming practices.
- Bachelor's degree in agricultural science, environmental science, agribusiness, or a related field
- Extensive experience managing agricultural field operations, with a deep understanding of crop management, soil health, and sustainable farming practices.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills, particularly in the context of managing agricultural teams and collaborating with farmers and agribusiness stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously in agricultural field operations, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail in crop management, environmental stewardship, and a top priority for team safety in farm settings.
- Knowledge of Australian carbon regulations is highly advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional to make a significant impact and lead in-field operations at the intersection of sustainability, agriculture, and environmental stewardship, while also directly engaging with growers in the field.
- Fast-growing start-up with many opportunities for capacity building and career development
- Work alongside leading scientists and innovators in an international organisation
- Enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture
- Competitive salary based on experience