Regional Carbon Agronomist, Wisconsin
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionize agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the Role:
As a Regional Carbon Agronomist at Loam, you will be at the forefront of our mission to support carbon farming practices. You will be the primary point of contact for our valued growers, playing a vital role in ensuring the success of their projects and the adoption of our microbial products. Your expertise will be pivotal in optimizing farm conditions and fostering long-term partnerships in the realm of carbon farming.
- Serve as an agronomic specialist for Loam's product solutions, providing support for carbon farming projects.
- Offer tailored agronomic advice to growers, aiding in farm condition assessments, the implementation of carbon farming practices, and product selection for enhanced resilience and profitability.
- Establish and nurture trust and confidence with our growers, fostering enduring partnerships dedicated to carbon farming success.
- Collaborate closely with growers to implement the practical aspects of on-farm carbon projects, ensuring their effective execution.
- Work in tandem with growers to develop comprehensive carbon farming plans (Land Management Strategies), helping set realistic objectives and tracking progress over time to ensure project success.
- Contribute to the growth of our growers' expertise by providing relevant advice and resources to aid in decision-making and practice optimization.
- Extensive experience working as an Agronomist across the Wisconsin agricultural landscape.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, plant science, agronomy, or a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of success in agricultural sales and agronomic support within the Wisconsin region.
- Exhibit the capability to deliver exceptional customer service and build strong relationships with current and prospective growers specific to Wisconsin
- Possess a deep understanding of plant nutrition and soil fertility, particularly tailored to the local environment.
- Showcase strong technical skills, including the ability to develop and execute effective experiments relevant to Wisconsin agricultural conditions.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey technical information and insights to growers.
- Maintain an existing network of growers within the Wisconsin area, enhancing the ability to quickly engage and deliver targeted support
- Competitive salary package
- Rich benefit plan design consisting of low employee premiums for health, with employer covering 100% of the premium for the employee (only) Dental and Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off; including; Vacation, Sick, personal, and Birthday (160 hours of vacation + 13 paid company holidays)
- 100% employer 401(k) match, up to 6%, fully vested on day one