District Sales Manager, Iowa
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to improve the world's farmland and address climate change. By developing microbial technology, we aim to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and build carbon in agricultural soils. Our goal is to help farming businesses prosper by boosting yield, enhancing soil health, and enabling access to carbon markets.
As a fast-paced and multidimensional startup, Loam offers a supportive and diverse workplace where every team member is encouraged to learn and grow beyond their area of expertise. Regardless of the role, everyone at Loam shares one job: to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it stably in farmer's soils.
This is more than just a job — this is our life’s work.
About the Role:
The District Sales Manager, Iowa, is responsible for representing Loam in the sales and distribution of its biological microbial products to dealers, while also promoting agricultural carbon programs to farmers. The primary objective is to maximize sales and enhance the market presence of Loam's product portfolio across the state of Iowa.
- Cultivate lasting relationships with key customers, including farmers and cooperatives in Iowa, addressing their specific needs and providing exceptional service.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to meet revenue goals for the region, collaborating with the leadership team.
- Actively engage in sales activities, from prospecting to deal closure within Iowa.
- Foster relationships with customers, distributors, and partners to drive sales growth.
- Conduct market research to tailor sales strategies and product positioning based on industry trends and customer insights.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global teams to integrate customer input into product development.
- Represent the company at industry events to promote products and establish strategic partnerships.
- Stay informed about climate-positive agriculture innovations and provide customer feedback to internal teams.
- Promote sustainability and regenerative agricultural services to potential dealers and farmers.
- Manage dealer networks, accounts receivables, and objections effectively.
- Demonstrate expertise in ag inputs, precision farming, and relevant software platforms.
- Participate in farm shows to advocate for company products and services.
- Extensive years of experience in sales and/or business development within agricultural product sales
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and nurture long-term relationships with key customers in the agricultural sector
- Advanced knowledge of agricultural market trends, industry dynamics, and competitor activities.
- Understanding of agricultural inputs and diverse application practices, including conservation and regenerative agricultural practices.
- Experience prospecting, lead generation, and deal-closing capabilities, with strong communication skills to effectively convey product capabilities and limitations to customers
- Adept in planning and developing dealer/distributor networks in specified territories.
- Customer-oriented mindset with a demonstrated ability to earn the respect of farmers and dealer partners
- Proficient at managing time, priorities, and expenses.
- Self-starter, reliable and able to work independently.
- Proficient in communication software tools and Google Suite applications.
- Attend, actively represent and showcase the company at farm shows, conferences, and industry events.
- Ability to travel up to 70% within assigned geographical territory.
- Competitive salary package
- Rich benefit plan design consisting of low employee premiums for health, with employer covering 100% of the premium for the employee (only) Dental and Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off; including; Vacation, Sick, personal, and Birthday (160 hours of vacation + 13 paid company holidays)
- 100% employer 401(k) match, up to 6%, fully vested on day one
- A company-owned vehicle will be provided for work travel, for business purpose only