Product Manager - Robotics
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Machina Labs is on a mission to build the factory of the future -- a factory where designers and engineers rapidly iterate on physical products and scale out production on demand. We began our journey in 2019 and since then have been backed by major AI and Deep Tech investors (like Innovation Endeavors and Lockheed Martin Ventures), and we count NASA, SpaceX, Ford, and John Deere as customers.
Our beachhead product, Roboforming, targets the sheet metal manufacturing industry where teams today experience 6 - 9 month lead times on new parts due to slow iterations on fixed tooling like molds. Our process replaces fixed tooling with 7-axis robots and advanced path planning, delivering parts in days instead of months.
The Robotics Product Manager will own the product planning and release lifecycle our physical manufacturing system. The role spans hardware and software problems, from end effectors to our control systems. Our priorities over the next few years are to further automate much of our system's functions and to vertically integrate more processes into the system.
Who you are:
- You're a structured, systems thinker capable of going from complex problems to simplest-possible solutions
- You've shown an ability to own projects, metrics, and outcomes while balancing needs of customers, other internal teams, and the business
- You're process-oriented and ready to have a major stake in delivery timelines for our biggest projects
- You have experience as technical product manager (or similar role) working on hardware or robotics problems
- You have education or work experience in an engineering discipline
What you'll do:
- Create a vision for our robotic system capabilities, and own the roadmapping process to deliver on that vision
- Own key metrics related to manufacturing automation and customer success; influence those metrics with software development, process changes, and more across the org
- Collaborate with Engineering and customer-facing Program Management teammates to scope and design new features
- Manage the lifecycle of each project, including requirements documentation, project timeline management, acceptance testing, and customer education
- Support our technical planning and sprint management for the Robotics engineering team, maintaining a high bar for complete plans, coordination with other teams, and high velocity
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager, ideally working with Robotics