Magrathea is a California technology company with a mission to radically reduce the socioenvironmental impacts of producing structural metal from natural resources. We are doing this by developing a new generation of electrolytic process technology for making carbon neutral magnesium metal from seawater and brines. We are backed by the most sophisticated energy and materials technology investors on Earth. This includes the earliest supporters of Tesla and SpaceX, a portfolio of major industrial families from across Europe, and the US federal government.
- Leading analytical chemistry experiments and workstreams in support of Magrathea's engineering team
- Developing benchscale techniques to enhance Magrathea's analytical capabilities
- Conducting elemental analysis of lab samples, conducting QAQC on data collection, and analyzing experimental results to accelerate development of our technology
- Contributing actively to a safety culture that puts physical wellbeing ahead of all other company priorities
- Occasional travel to off-site locations where the company is developing commercial smelter operations
- BS, MS, or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering or adjacent field
- Experience with analytical techniques such as ICP-OES, titrations, TGA, dissolved organic measurements, calibrations, and other aqueous measurements
- Creative and open-minded with the ability to rapidly learn about and think through complicated problems generating hypotheses for their resolution
- Ability to work on a team to achieve audacious goals together
- History of promoting company culture based on respect, care for the success of team members, and zeal for innovation with a demonstrated passion for mitigating the impacts of climate change
How To Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com. Magrathea deeply values the inclusion of women, LGBTQ people, and people of color on our team at every level from the laboratory to management to board of directors. Don’t forget to bring a towel!