Operability and Modelling Process Engineer
We are looking for an Operability and Modelling Process Engineer to develop the transient model and define the operability strategies of our state-of-the-art electro-thermal grid-scale energy storage system. As a member of the Operability and Modelling team, in the Control Systems Engineering organization, you will utilize your process design skills to help deliver a highly automated power plant that will enable increased levels of renewables presence and utilization in electricity grids globally. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing simulations of a state-of-the-art electrothermal grid scale energy storage system
- Developing of the transient model and optimization of thermodynamic systems
- Preparing process design deliverables: processes/cycles scheme with simplified description, process narratives, operability requirements for the development of the controls algorithms
- Participating and contributing to design reviews and safety reviews (Hazid, Hazop, FMEA, etc.)
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary team across the Engineering organization for the development of our plant design, from conceptual to detailed.
- MSc. in Chemical or Mechanical engineering, or related engineering disciplines
- 10+ years of relevant experience as process or modelling engineer, or related positions
- Proficient in using Modelica language to develop thermodynamic transient models
- Proficient in using transient simulation software, such as Dymola (preferred)
- Have proven experience in process engineering or project engineering coordinating multiple disciplines in the execution of large industrial capital projects.
- Have experience working in a team involved in design and development of new products.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and root cause skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluency in English is essential.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-moving environment
- Deep passion for decarbonization of the global electricity grid
- Experience in closed loop thermodynamic cycles, with steam turbines, axial compressors, heat exchangers, and other balance of plant equipment associated with power generation
- Experience in EPC projects in the power industry will be considered preferential.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Competitive Salary, bonus and equity