Senior Backend Engineer - Home+
Monta's powerful EV platform connects the dots in the entire EV charging industry.
We are looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our Home team in Copenhagen. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will create software that interfaces with electric vehicles, chargers, smart meters and more and makes it all effortless for the user. If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to seeing your application!
We’ve closed a huge Series B round! 80M EUR and soaring! Our journey so far? An expansion across various markets, prestigious #ISO27001 and B-Corp certifications, and proactive tech revolutionizing the EV charging experience. Not to mention, our growth has skyrocketed 6X since the last round, nearing 1 million monthly charging sessions, and 1,000 #EV drivers joining us daily! Monta will use the EUR 80M funding to double down on its successful software-only strategy by strengthening investments in all markets and improving and expanding its product to new sectors ready to embark on an electrified future.
Our team is a newly founded team at Monta. We build towards our home energy management vision: balancing electricity production and consumption across EV charging, solar production, heat pumps and more across 100k’s of sites, optimising energy cost and CO2 emissions. We are building on top of existing systems, but have ownership of our own services, which have just started to go live. The team consists of frontend and backend devs as well as product managers, and we work closely with designers, electrical engineers, and other dedicated teams in the entire company.
- Plan, implement and deploy Microservices in a team
- Work together with Product, Frontend, SRE, and other teams to define requirements, iterate on solutions and deliver a solid home energy management product to our end users
- Finding a balance between shipping features and creating a scalable foundation
- Explore, investigate and implement scalable solutions (stream processing, caching, database optimisation, …) across hundreds of thousands of electricity-consuming sites while ingesting sensor data
- Have a hand in building an electricity consumption, home automation, optimisation and scheduling engine
- Interface with home electricity appliances and build scheduling and optimisation around compatible devices
- Kotlin or Java experience in a Microservices environment
- Micronaut / Spring Boot experience is a big plus
- Experience with architectures for scalable, data-intensive systems
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus, but you should be comfortable learning new tech:
- Relational Databases (we use MySQL)
- Kafka / Redis
- Testing with JUnit5 / Kotest
- Docker / Kubernetes / linkerd / Grafana / Grafana Mimir
- Github including GH Actions
- Postman, OpenAPI
- Electric Vehicle Charging: OCPP, basic electric engineering
- Willingness to try things out, iterate, learn and have fun in the process!
- Discounted gym membership!
- Vegan lunches, snacks and drinks!
- Company- and team-wide events
- Educational budget
- Pension + Health Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Shared electric cars and bikes at the Copenhagen office in Østerbro.
- An attractive warrant package.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
Life at Monta
At Monta, we encourage you to come as you are. To ensure an inclusive product that serves a diverse user group, we need to be a diverse force behind it. We are a company dedicated to revolutionizing the EV industry, thus aspiring to change the world for the better. Monta is committed to our sustainability efforts with several green initiatives such as offering our employees a plant-based-only lunch and offsetting CO2 consumption for all employees. We prioritize the well-being of our team members and have a strong focus on mental health. Through our health insurance coverage, we provide various offers and resources to support mental well-being. Additionally, we have an internal well-being committee and a people team with a people-first mindset, ensuring that our employees have the necessary support and resources for their overall well-being.
Why EV less when you can #EVbetter
Please send your resume in English.