Intern Lab Automation GUI development
The Automation and Engineering department
In the Automation and Engineering department we design, build, program, test, and maintain technical systems in order to solve unique challenges within this new industry for our scientific R&D, upscaling, and production activities. We combine numerous disciplines in our team, ranging from mechanical engineering and manufacturing, through electronics and software development, to process and chemical engineering.
Within the software team specifically we develop the firmware for custom machines, the process flows for systems, the UI’s to make them user friendly and all of the libraries and ecosystems to make this happen.
What is the purpose of your role?
As a member of our Software Development team, you will play a crucial role in maintaining, applying, enhancing and extending our in-house developed generic GUI framework to meet the unique needs of various projects.
What are your key responsibilities?
Research and Familiarization: Thoroughly understand the current in-house development of the generic GUI by studying documentation, codebase, and engaging with the development team.
Integration and Application: Apply the in-house generic GUI to new projects, ensuring integration with existing systems and functionalities.
Enhancement and Extension: Discussing the needs of scientists and operators and independently identifying optimisation potential. Identifying areas where the generic GUI can be enhanced or extended to better accommodate project-specific requirements. Collaborate with the back-end development team to implement these improvements.
What else will you do?
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively seek opportunities to improve the GUI, considering usability, performance, and scalability factors.
- CI & CD: Collaborate in release planning, status updates, requirements definition and alteration, deployment and testing.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date documentation related to GUI development, including code snippets, usage guidelines, and best practices.
Who are we looking for?
A hard working, motivated and detail-oriented software developing student preferably with a background in webpage and UX/GUI development for our GUI Development Internship position.
- Studying Computer Science, Software engineering, ICT or related field or demonstrable experience in software development.
- A love for solving complex challenges with creative solutions in interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with Python or similar languages.
If you possess any experience in one or more of the following points, whether through academic coursework, internships, jobs or personal projects, consider it an additional asset and please highlight it in your application:
- Experience with software development environment aspects such as: version control systems, e.g. git; CI/CD; databases; IDE’s (VIM is not an IDE^^); network configurations; Command line execution and scripting such as BASH; configuration management, e.g. Ansible; Environments e.g. Docker, VM
- Experience with communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC UA, HTTP
- Experience with bioprocess/bioreactor or related scientific instrumentation operation.
What can you expect from us?
You will join one of the world’s leading cell-based meat companies. You will be part of a young, diverse and energetic company that aspires to help change the global food system for the good – starting with beef. Furthermore, you get to gain experience and expertise on
- Hands-on experience in GUI development within a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Exposure to what kind of ecosystem and methodologies a software developer needs, with many tips and tricks on how to set it up, with the freedom to find and use your own way.
- Opportunities to collaborate with experienced professionals and contribute to real-world projects.
- Insight into the inner workings of a leading cultured meat production company.
- Enjoy flexible working hours
*Please be aware that emails coming from our automated Homerun system occasionally end up in spam/junk mail filters!
Here are some of the great colleagues you'll be working with...