Mechanical Engineer IV
Motiv Power Systems
What Makes Motiv Special?
Through a radically different approach to building electric trucks that combines our own patented IP with strategic partnerships, we have developed a line of all-electric medium-duty truck and bus chassis, the Motiv EPIC platform, which are used in a range of truck and bus applications. Our next-generation power management electronics and software make it easy to integrate new technology components into new vehicles and applications.
The ideal candidate will want to be a member of the 2+ ton commercial truck EV Industry leader, with millions of current customer driven miles and tens of millions of pounds delivered in the US and Canada while reducing millions of CO2 pounds of emissions. You will be joining us at a critical inflection point in our growth, when, in addition to launching our sixth generation technology, we are significantly expanding our products, capacity and market volume.
Motiv’s core values are deep passion, curiosity, collaboration, customer focus and “owning it.” If those are values you share, we would love to talk with you about joining our team and taking your career to the next level in one of the hottest technology sectors. To succeed in this job, you must be able to perform the duties listed below – and others as required.
- Use SolidWorks to design and develop sheet metal brackets and various fabricated parts for use within the vehicle environment.
- Develop designs for manufacturability and assembly while optimizing for cost (scaling to higher volume).
- Create robust products through static and dynamic load analysis.
- Develop BOMs, 3D and 2D CAD, GD&T, materials specifications.
- Participate in developing next generation ideas and state of art technology in the heavy-duty electric vehicle industry.
- Design and develop technical requirements for interfacing systems (give and get).
- *Domestic travel up to 10% required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer including at least 5 years of experience with automotive product development and design, including taking designs from conception to production and design experience with heavy sheet metal, machined parts and castings.
- Must have a minimum of 3500 hours of experience with the following: SolidWorks; PDM software; ANSI Y1 4.5 drawing standards and their application through GD&T; FEA for static and dynamic load analysis; Bill of Material and Change Management Systems; and FMA, FMEA, DBP Process Control Plan, DFM, DFA and root cause analysis techniques.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to perform manual work as needed
- $149,000.00-$164,000.00 (Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and training.
This is a regular full-time position with no remote work that can be based in Foster City, CA.
Candidates only please; no recruiters.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Dental, Vision, HSA, Health & Dependent Care FSA, 401(k) with company match, company paid Basic Life and AD&D, employee paid Voluntary Life and AD&D.
- Generous PTO policy, 11 Paid Company Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Education Reimbursement
- Fresh daily snacks and a healthy Work/Life Balance
- Access to Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail.
- Free Online Training & Development
- Bicycle friendly, with bike storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front.
- Regular Happy Hours, Company Cultural Events, and more!
Motiv Power Systems is the medium-duty commercial electric vehicle (EV) leader that frees fleets from fossil fuels. Founded in 2009, the Bay Area-based, commercial EV company draws on 14 years of experience to create accessible, cost-effective, and innovative EV technology for organizations that are the backbone of the economy.
Motiv has more than 150 all-electric trucks and buses on the road with businesses of all sizes, across a broad spectrum of industries, including linen, parcel, food, hospitality, airports, higher education, pupil transportation, and more. Motiv vehicles operate at over 98 percent uptime, and have logged more than two million miles, while also offering fleets up to 85 percent operation and maintenance cost savings. Motiv’s proven EV technology provides operators with a healthier, smoother, and more profitable driving experience.
Something looks off?