Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Manufacturing Engineering Intern to join our team. As a Manufacturing Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of an assigned technical project focused on process improvement with mechanical and automated assembly. The successful candidate will be engaged in all aspects of the assigned project, from concept to implementation, including research, design, testing, project management, and documentation.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the development of project plans and timelines, including defining project scope and goals, identifying requirements, estimating project resources, and establishing project schedules
- Conduct research, analysis, and technical evaluations of manufacturing processes, equipment, and materials to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement engineering solutions to improve manufacturing processes and equipment performance, including automation and mechanical assembly projects
- Assist in the creation of project documentation, including project plans, technical specifications, design and test documents, and reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, quality, and maintenance, to ensure project success
- Provide technical support to production teams, troubleshoot issues, and implement corrective actions
- Keep up to date on new developments in manufacturing engineering, including emerging technologies and processes, and share knowledge with the team
Skills to be Successful:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Strong interest in manufacturing engineering and process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical information to others
- Availability to work full-time during the internship period
What You'll Learn:
- We offer a challenging and exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in the manufacturing engineering field related to battery pack assembly. Our internship program provides hands-on experience working with industry experts, exposure to new technologies and manufacturing practices, and the opportunity to contribute and complete a project. If you are passionate about manufacturing engineering and process improvement, we invite you to apply.
We currently use:
- Proficiency in Google Suites (Documents, Sheets, Slides) or Microsoft Suite
- Proficiency in qualitative data analysis with Python or software such as Minitab is a plus
- Proficiency in CAD software such as SolidWorks is a plus
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?