Manufacturing Quality Engineering Intern
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Manufacturing Quality Engineering Intern to join our team. As a Quality Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of an assigned technical project focused on process improvement within our quality and manufacturing teams.
What You'll Do:
- Support manufacturing quality engineers in review of PFMEA and control plans, data analysis, developing inspection plans, standardization of quality lab processes and utilization of lab equipment
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles, 5S, Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Capability Studies, SPC, and Poke Yoke
- Verify effectiveness of Corrective and Preventive action plans implemented
- Write, revise, and verify quality alerts, one-point lessons, and procedures for inspection and measurement methods as needed
- Monitor and report on production/process performance on a weekly basis to assist in the identification and prevention of emerging trends that adversely affect process capability
- Work closely with Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Lean Engineers to continuously improve processes and solve complex problems
- Evaluate current operational process flow and develop & implement changes to optimize flow
Skills to be Successful:
- Candidates seeking a BS/MS degree in Engineering.
- Are 1-3 year away from Graduation (Engineering school/ Universities)
- Are willing to relocate during your career
- Have less than 1 years relevant work experience
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of battery systems and EV industry
- Data analysis tools, MS Excel, Google sheets proficiency
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com
See more open positions at Moxion Power
Something looks off?