Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
The Lean Manufacturing Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive support to plant operations. They will play a vital role in developing, planning, and implementing Lean strategies and metrics, offering assistance to various levels within the organization. The Lean Manager will also be involved in additional tasks aimed at establishing clear connections between project metrics and strategic plans using Lean manufacturing tools. This role requires an experienced Lean professional with a background in the manufacturing industry. The individual should possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be capable of facilitating and driving change in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment. Success in this position hinges on the ability to identify and implement operational improvements at all levels through a hands-on approach, acting as the primary agent of change for the plant's Lean transformation.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the factory site leaders to develop Lean manufacturing strategy for Moxion’s manufacturing system
- Ensure the system and facility objectives are met in the areas of safety, quality, profitability, waste reduction and team excellence
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training to all levels of the operation on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools
- Identify, plan, and lead the execution of Lean transformation events targeted towards improving the plant’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and productivity
- Establish a solid foundation around 5S in the workplace with process, metrics, and ownership at all levels
- Implement business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost
- Partner with the plant’s process owners and drives results
- Act as a key driver of change within the plants supporting management
- Assist in cross functional decisions by communicating the plant-wide changes to employees
- Help employees learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation
- Assist production teams by having a daily on-floor presence
- Complete factory 5S audits
- Work with department leaders to define kaizens centered around elimination of waste in our systems
- Monitor and track all cost reduction projects
- Standardization to ensure that visual standards are defined and standardized
- Help operations with maintaining equipment and meeting daily production targets.
- Program manage top projects and objectives as required
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, science discipline or related field required
- Minimum 5-years of hands-on experience in production management for a manufacturing company with at least 3 years applying lean tools and training others
- Expert proficiency in the use and implementation of Lean tools such as: Toyota Production System, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull Systems, Single Piece Flow, Seven Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA
- Experience with process development/qualification, new product development, Capacity/Resource Planning and Lean Manufacturing
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while interfacing with program representatives, internal and external customers and stakeholders across the company
- Ability to develop manufacturing strategies based on specialized business needs
- Must be willing to work extended hours based on program needs Results based management style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Lean or Six Sigma certified
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and pursue continuous improvement
- Communications skills and ability to present reports and data in a clear and concise manner
We currently use:
- Proficiency in Google Suites (Documents, Sheets, Slides)
- Limble as a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software)
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com