Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly organized Prototype Manager to oversee both the operational aspects of our shop and the engineering builds within our organization. With your strong background in project management, engineering, and manufacturing processes, you will coordinate and prioritize tasks, manage a team, and ensure efficient execution of prototype development projects.
What you'll do:
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of prototype projects in alignment with goals, timelines, and quality standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop prototypes meeting design specifications
- Manage prototype development from concept to testing, iteration, and finalization
- Oversee day-to-day shop operations, including resource allocation, inventory, and scheduling
- Maintain a safe, compliant working environment and ensure timely material availability
- Mentor and lead Fabricators and Technicians, fostering innovation and collaboration
- Provide guidance, delegate tasks, and promote skill development
- Create detailed project plans, monitor progress, and implement mitigation strategies
- Communicate project status and solutions to stakeholders
- Maintain accurate project records and generate regular status reports
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering/Manufacturing); Master's preferred
- 2+ years' experience in prototype development/manufacturing with leadership role
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in project management software/tools
- Familiarity with safety, quality control, and shop operations
- Leadership qualities and quick decision-making under pressure
- Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality outcomes
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com