Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Quality Engineer with Moxion Power, you will be responsible for providing support to Moxion’s manufacturing teams to ensure our products are built with world class quality. You will monitor manufacturing processes, quality data systems, COPQ, and first pass yield to continuously improve product and process quality. You’ll drive change and sustainable improvements with a data driven approach and help build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime!
What You'll Do:
- Establish and maintain control plans to assure critical features are controlled and monitored through the assembly/production processes.
- Develop and implement Quality Key Points for visual inspection that meets product specifications used by in process inspections and quality audits.
- Review and provide disposition to non-conforming material.
- Guide DMF and DFA into design discussions as well as proving form, fit, function inputs during the development stages.
- Establish and maintain conformance to engineering specifications.
- Monitor process variation and non-conformances through SPC systems, change control and layered auditing processes.
- Implement tool calibration controls and processes.
- Support inline and sample inspection for product critical requirements to ensure world class quality.
- Lead cross functional problem-solving discussions utilizing industry standard problem-solving tools and processes.
- Guide and manage quality technicians. Resolve and monitor product field complaints, identify trending issues, and provide feedback to improve manufacturing processes.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is a major driving force to improve quality.
- Track key performance indicators, analyze, and report out.
Skills to be Successful:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product manufacturing engineering, quality and/or testing.
- Knowledge of quality problem solving methods including, but not limited to, fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, Lean manufacturing, A3, Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions of both internal Manufacturing and Supplier relations.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (5% to 10%).Strong problem-solving skills supported by structured Root Cause analysis, may include the following: Kepner-Tregoe, Triz, Shainin, etc.
- Basic knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing).Knowledge and understanding of the following: ISO 9001, TS 16949 quality systems, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Quality Internal auditor experience a plus.
- Knowledge of problem solving and lean tools.
- Proficient computer skills that may include the following applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheets, Zoom or similar applications.
- Experience using data visualization tools and Minitab a plus.
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com