Software Engineering, Data Science
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are looking for a data engineer skilled in building the data infrastructure and the core foundations for using data to support our customers as well as our manufacturing and field service operations.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, build, and deploy infrastructure that stores and refines raw telemetry data captured from our products in the field over unreliable networks
- Support seamless integration of data across a variety of systems and endpoints
- Develop capabilities so end-users across our business can conveniently access, interrogate and interact with data using convenient, best-in-class tools
You might Thrive in this role if You:
- Have meaningful experience with building (and rebuilding) production systems to deliver new capabilities and to handle increasing scale
- Care deeply about the end user experience and take pride in building tools that solve the practical needs of the end-users
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help your colleagues, and a desire to do whatever it takes to make the team succeed
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Build tools to accelerate your own (and your teammates’) workflows, but only when off-the-shelf solutions won’t do
Your background looks something like:
- Deep experience with AWS, S3 and relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL/MariaDB, mastery with SQL.
- Experience building data pipelines, data architectures and data sets.
- Proficiency with a programming language like Python or Scala.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets (use of tools like dbt is a plus!).
- Familiarity with established and/or emerging data infrastructure tools, which might include things like BigQuery, Trino, Spark, Airflow and/or TimescaleDB.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience with building data pipeline from business applications like Salesforce, NetSuite, or other enterprise systems.
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines.
Our Tech Stack:
- You will be joining our team as its first data specialist. This means you will be largely responsible for making platforming and foundational decisions to enable us to grow and scale.
- Our infrastructure is built on Kubernetes, Terraform and makes use of AWS. While we value experience with these technologies, we are primarily looking for engineers with strong technical skills and the ability to quickly pick up new tools and frameworks.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in energy, battery, or vehicle electrification industries
- Experience with building data infrastructure for manufacturing
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com