Supplier Quality & Development Manager - Energy Storage
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion's Supplier Quality & Development Manager, you will support the Sr. Supplier Quality Engineering Manager in assessing, qualifying, developing, launching and maintaining suppliers through world class processes. You will be responsible for Energy Storage suppliers, including busbars, cells, collector plates, etc. This individual will manage their team to ensure that product is delivered according to design specifications with world class quality.
What You'll Do:
- Supplier Quality Management: Execute supplier quality management processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations. Conduct regular audits and assessments of supplier capabilities, processes, and quality control systems. Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure supplier performance and drive improvements.
- Supplier Development: Collaborate with suppliers to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective action plans. Facilitate training and development programs for suppliers to enhance their understanding of quality expectations and industry best practices. Drive supplier capability assessments and support the development of supplier improvement plans.
- Process Improvement: Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvement within the supply chain. Implement Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to streamline processes and enhance overall efficiency. Implement statistical process control to drive continuous improvement initiatives and optimize product quality.
- Non-Conformance Management: Lead issue resolution for supplied components through industry-standard root cause analysis and corrective action tools. Drive field failure resolution and warranty management, including cost-of-poor quality recovery.
- Relationship Management: Foster strong relationships with existing suppliers and identify new potential suppliers to diversify the supply chain. Collaborate with suppliers to resolve quality issues promptly and implement preventive measures. Negotiate contracts and terms to ensure alignment with quality and development objectives.
- Collaboration with Internal Teams: Work closely with engineering, manufacturing, procurement, program management and NPI teams to integrate supplier quality requirements into product development processes & safe launch parts. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address technical issues and enhance product quality.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills to be Successful:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Proven supplier development experience in a manufacturing environment working with electromechanical suppliers
- Strong knowledge of automotive quality processes, including APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Strong knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and Critical Characteristics
- Knowledge and understanding of the following: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 quality systems
- Strong knowledge base for tooling, manufacturing processes and manufacturing standards across electromechanical components
- Auditor Experience a plus
- Knowledge of quality and continuous improvement tools
- Proficient computer skills that may include the following applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom or similar applications
- Experience using the following measurement tools including but not limited to gages, calipers, micrometers, optical comparators
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com