Accounting & Finance
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As our first Controller you’ll be leading Moxion’s accounting department. You will step in to lead our established in-house team along with outsourced support. Looking for the Controller to bring us to the next level - helping us establish controls, reliable reporting, and tighten our month end close. If you are ready to take us to the next level in this leadership role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating our month-end close, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable/billing, and other operational accounting functions
- Support the development of our ERP (Netsuite) and the future systems roadmap; including partnering directly with our business teams to understand the operational and financial needs of our company
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements and management discussion and analysis including
- Identify key process gaps related to the integrity of the financial statements and close process
- Hire, onboard and develop critical members of your team (current team of ~6)
- Lead and guide the company on key initiatives, e.g. revenue recognition assessment, transfer pricing, entity expansion (including consolidations and financial impact)
- Ensure Moxion is in full compliance with all applicable accounting pronouncements, rules and requirements in the US (GAAP)
- Own and manage compliance and filing requirements, including federal, state and local corporate income, payroll and other applicable taxes and licenses
- Monitor, evaluate impact, and implement new accounting standards and regulatory requirements
Skills to be successful:
- Extensive accounting and finance experience (CPA required)
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP
- Experience in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, supply chain management, and inventory control
- Ability to partner with other departments (e.g., engineering, production) to optimize operational efficiency and cost management
- Experience in implementing internal controls and ensuring compliance with financial regulations
Nice to haves:
- Prior Big 4 Experience
- 8-10 years experience preferred
- Experience implementing and administering ERP and equity systems such as Netsuite
- Experience in idea manufacturing or similar industries
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com