Customer Quality Manager
Customer Service, Quality Assurance
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
At Moxion, we strive to leave a positive impact in all that we do. As the leader of the Customer Quality team, you will be responsible to continually improve customer satisfaction as it relates to product quality. This position requires experienced individuals that can drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to communicate effectively and use logic and a data driven approach to make decisions. You will work closely with various functions of the organization, to include Service, Factory Quality, Supplier Quality, Warranty, Supply Chain, Design, Software, Manufacturing and Systems. Ultimately, enhancing customer satisfaction is the main objective.
What You'll Do:
- Provide the Voice of the Customer feedback to manufacturing, design and SW by communicating the issues effectively
- Manage and coordinate reaction plans when service or quality issues are raised in the field
- Drive initiatives to reduce customer complaints and improve satisfaction
- Lead training efforts to align the organization on Customer Quality Processes (complaints, NCR reporting, RCCA, service campaigns, diagnosing)
- Facilitate and/or lead RCCA discussions as required
- Coordinate responses to customer requests with support from various internal stake holders
- Develop/Improve/Sustain customer quality related metrics by establishing an effective Management Operating System
- Work with and support operations leadership in planning and execution of projects to resolve problems impacting customer quality
- Improve customer quality processes
- Support the implementation of ISO standards
- Provide technical support in evaluating products from a quality and reliability standpoint
- Lead cross-functional problem solving teams to investigate issues and minimize customer impact
- Influence without authority in efforts to achieve 4D/8D response time within specified targets
- Partner with engineer and operations to ensure organizational alignment regarding setting targets and achieving quality improvements through design
- Lead standardized reporting to leadership on the overall performance of our products in the field
Skills to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, science discipline or related field required.
- 5+ years of minimum quality experience working in manufacturing
- Preferred customer quality experience in automotive industry
- Knowledge and application of quality system standards (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS 9100D)
- Knowledge & Experience on problem solving methodology and tools
- Have used statistical methods for interpreting data to solve problems (DOE, SPC, Process capability techniques)
- Self motivated, efficient, able to work with little or no supervision, committed to the team and objectives
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Efficient prioritization in a fast paced environment is a must
- Ability to understand and discuss technical issues
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization including C level and other executives
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com