Procurement NPI and Process Manager
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
In an internal-facing role as Procurement NPI and Process Manager, you will primarily focus on leading procurement activities related to New Product Introduction (NPI). You will act as a crucial link between the Procurement team and internal stakeholders to ensure the smooth, on-time, and cost-effective launch of new products. Additionally, you will prepare the procurement organization for ISO certification, own databases, reportings, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- 70% - New Product Introduction (NPI) and Project Management
- Be the link between the procurement team and other key internal stakeholders such as Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, and Inventory to ensure smooth, timely and on budget new product launches.
- Own procurement Gantt charts for NPI programs and ensure budget adherence.
- Lead Make/Buy analysis decisions for NPI activities.
- End to end ownership of all sourcing council activities
- Act as a single point of contact for all NPI-related projects.
- 30% - Process Development, Compliance, and Reporting
- Prepare the procurement organization for ISO certification via process creation, documentation, and compliance.
- Own procurement-related databases, KPIs, and sources of truth.
- Lead the process for supplier performance metrics and quarterly business reviews.
- Lead the procurement team through identifying and implementing continuous improvement and productivity gain activities.
Skills to be successful:
- Project Management: Efficiently plan, execute, and oversee NPI projects to ensure timely and on-budget product launches.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, and Inventory teams to facilitate seamless NPI coordination.
- Strategic Decision-Making: Make informed Make/Buy analysis decisions to optimize procurement processes for NPI activities.
- Process Development: Create and improve procurement processes, ensuring ISO certification readiness and continuous improvement.
- Compliance Knowledge: Understand and uphold procurement governance frameworks, policies, and ISO compliance requirements.
- Data Management: Proficiently manage procurement-related databases, KPIs, and sources of truth to track and report on performance.
- Communication: Effectively communicate project updates, lead discussions on process improvements, and liaise between teams.
- Leadership: Provide leadership in owning sourcing council activities and guide the procurement team through various projects and initiatives.
- Problem-Solving: Identify and address issues or obstacles in NPI processes or procurement operations.
- Detail-Oriented: Pay close attention to detail to track budget adherence, project timelines, and compliance with standards.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: Commit to driving ongoing improvements in procurement processes and productivity.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changing project requirements and priorities in a dynamic procurement environment.
- Data Reporting Tools: Utilize tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, and Power BI for creating interactive and informative reports and dashboards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across diverse teams and cultures.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com