Senior Commercial Counsel
Richmond, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion’s Commercial Attorney, you will provide legal advice and support on all aspects of commercial efforts, including but not limited to: legal matters related to strategic partnerships, commercial transactions, marketing agreements, and product demos and pilots. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in commercial corporate law, technology transactions, and experience working with companies undergoing rapid growth. This role reports to the top lawyer at Moxion who reports directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Provide legal advice and guidance on all aspects of the company's commercial efforts, including strategic partnerships, marketing, business development and product demos and pilots.
- Draft and negotiate customized and highly-tailored agreements with customers, vendors and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, finance, operations, and business development, to ensure legal compliance and risk management in all areas of the business.
- Participate in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and financings, and advise on legal issues related to deal structuring and negotiations.
- Support the development and implementation of company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive long-term strategy for our commercial legal team, aligning with the overall business objectives.
- Identify and implement scaling and efficiency initiatives to streamline operations and enhance team performance.
- Stay updated on industry trends and regulations to ensure compliance and provide strategic advice and insights.
Skills to be successful:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and a license or qualification to practice in California
- Experience practicing corporate commercial law and technology transactions (bonus if you have experience in the Clean Tech or Renewable Energy industry)
- Strong business acumen and ability to align legal strategy with overall business goals
- Strong negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, and deal structuring preferred
If you are passionate about using your legal skills to help advance the Clean Tech industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com