About the role
Muon Space is looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our Business Development team to architect unique satellite mission solutions to meet the needs of our growing customer base. We seek a self-motivated, versatile engineer to collaborate closely with clients and cross-functional teams within Muon to rapidly qualify opportunities and formulate new mission concepts. Work will range from customer discovery, early requirements gathering and feasibility studies to complex trade studies and mission analysis to develop cost-effective space mission proposals. Candidates should have a strong mix of systems engineering, space mission design and direct customer facing experience.
- Engage directly with customers and end-users to understand their needs and translate those to system requirements in close collaboration with the business development team
- Qualify opportunities based on a deep understanding of the Muon Space technology stack and roadmap
- Communicate clearly system requirements for new programs to the Muon Space engineering and science teams
- Perform preliminary mission analyses, technical feasibility assessments, and trade studies to formulate new satellite missions
- Draft technical requirements, proposals, statements of work, and other project initiation documents for a wide range of satellite-based programs
- Define scope, deliverables, and preliminary schedules / milestones for a complex range of solutions and projects
- B.S. or higher degree in an engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in a related field, with exposure to spacecraft systems, orbital mechanics, and simulation techniques
- 1+ years of customer-facing experience
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Professional experience working with launch vehicles, spacecraft, or other aerospace systems especially in requirements management and customer mission formulation
- Experience with software-based simulation tools in a variety of programming languages (e.g. Python and Julia)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- Experience in satellite-based remote sensing
- Experience negotiating technical deliverables and scope
- Experience writing proposals and statements of work for commercial and government
- Experience in sales and business development with a proven track record of success
About Muon Space
Muon Space is working at the forefront of satellites, advanced sensors, business intelligence, and climate science to allow humanity to close the loop on climate change. From satellite missions to modeling to data analytics and actionable insights, we believe measuring, understanding and predicting Earth’s complex, coupled systems is both a great business opportunity and key to leaving future generations a livable, productive and healthy planet.
We are a geographically diverse company with teams in the San Francisco bay area, Los Angeles, Boulder, and Seattle. We seek great talent wherever it may be.
At Muon, our mission embraces the entire planet and we believe our team should too. Muon is dedicated to creating a diverse and dynamic company and workforce. We believe in equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We value diversity in the workplace, and that starts with our applicants. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't check all the boxes, and we look forward to reviewing your application! In addition, if you need a reasonable accommodation as part of your application for employment or interviews with us, please let us know.
At Muon Space salary is only part of our total compensation package. In addition to salary, Muon Space provides equity compensation as well as benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, and an employee development program. We also offer three weeks paid vacation for new employees, along with 12 paid holidays and unlimited sick time, along with paid parental leave to name a few of our benefits.
The salary range for this role is 100K-190K and will depend on a candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience as defined during the interview process.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected person as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.