We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are now building our production in Union, South Carolina and are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, production-minded individuals to join our team. We create a premium, natural material that compares in quality and performance to the finest animal leathers.
We work 12-hr shifts in a 2-2-3 schedule where you work alternate working weekends.
This a fantastic, ground-floor opportunity to join a startup company as an employee. All offers include salary + benefits + stock options!
This is an on-site role at our manufacturing plant in Union, South Carolina.
- Follow all safety and quality protocols consistent with a biotech manufacturing environment
- With training and guidance, work with your team to produce our materials per company standard by following all protocols and procedures
- Operate various types of machinery in a safe manner and report any and all machine abnormalities, repairing when possible
- Troubleshoot machines and work processes when standard production issues arise
- Particpate in clean, inspect and lubrication (CIL) activities to support line reliability improvements
- Record all production and quality data accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in capability and skill building activities within the plant
- Don proper personal protective equipment (PPE; gowns, face mask, gloves, ear plugs) at all required times
- Identify improvement opportunities with current procedures and properly escalate them to leadership
- Serve as a good teammate and be a positive influence and advocate of the Company’s values and culture
- Six months plus of work experience in a production environment - food, beverage, pharma, or experience in a regulated environment is a plus
- Reliable transportation to ensure consistent attendance on all scheduled days
- Be detail oriented, with a high level of focus on the quality of your work
- Ability to work on your feet the majority of your shift and handle materials up to 70 pounds in weight with assistance (i.e. push and pull, or lift in tandem)
- The ability to be coachable and both give and receive constructive feedback
- General computer knowledge and data entry ability
- Able to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime in order to meet the needs of the business.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.
Something looks off?